Even the smallest projects at Walmart are often complex, require cross-functional collaboration, and rely on information that could change at any moment. Our Project and Program Managers work across the business to keep everything on track, leveraging communication, organization, and management skills to get the job done.
Eye for detail
No detail slips past you. You’re always on your “A” game when it comes to keeping up with the little things.
Always on time
Your detailed planning allows you to orchestrate large projects and keep multiple people on schedule.
Flex as needed
Things change in the world of retail. So, while you keep everything on track, you can flex and adapt when needed.
New and exciting opportunities
- Project & Program Management BENTONVILLE, ARWalmart is hiring for an exciting new team – International Strategic Initiatives. As a member of this organization, you will have the opportunity to work on projects and programs that serve over 11,000 retail units in 28 countries around the world. More specifically, in this particular role, you would lead and transform the Walmart Real Estate business by deploying a best-in-class technology platform (IBM TRIRIGA). You will apply your skills in leadership, communication, and influence to work cross-functionally across a broad array of internal clients and external partners, translating business needs into functional requirements.
If you have TRIRIGA Facilities Management experience and like the excitement and challenge of leveraging technology to deliver complex, global solutions, then this is the role for you!
•Aligns and recommends strategies, activities, and best practices
•Consults with internal organizations on strategic initiatives
•Drives accountability to achieve goals within a cross-functional area
•Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
•Ensures business needs are being met
•Leads change to achieve desired results
•Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
•Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
•Ability to travel up to 30% Learn More
- Project & Program Management BENTONVILLE, ARDrives business incorporation of analytics into cross-functional business strategies (for example, Operations, Fuel Pricing, Merchandising, Business Development) by researching and designing predictive analytical models based on structured data, unstructured data, and critical business factors (for example, customer behavior, format, category proposition, drivers of sales growth); developing advanced analytical models and work flow processes; synthesizing and extracting data from large volume sets; leveraging resources (for example, data sources, analysis tools, industry forecasts) to support analytics, reporting, and strategic planning; performing gap analysis to determine impacting business factors (for example, unique sales drivers); identifying and conducting proactive analysis; consulting with business unit leaders; and developing actionable intelligence to inform business functions (for example, in-store customer conversion to fuel stations, customer engagement models, customer drivers).
Consults on the development of convenience merchandising strategies by modeling, analyzing, and evaluating the impact of key variables (for example, seasonal events, assortment mix, market dynamics) on subcategory performance and risk exposure; preparing and reporting category strategy templates to inform strategic decision-making; reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling financial results of business changes (for example, modular, pricing, merchandising assortment, marketing); identifying discrepancies in data and financial results; executing actions to correct or address discrepancies; and ensuring the business decisions (for example, modular assortment mix, pricing) aligns with financial goals of the category.
Develops actionable intelligence to inform business functions by providing current, accurate, actionable analysis about critical fuel factors (for example, customers, prospects, products, competitors, markets, business environment) to key stakeholders (for example, Merchandising, Fuel Pricing) and senior leadership; synthesizing information; developing key insights and recommendations for actions; oversees the development on ongoing data visualization and communication tools (for example, dashboards); assisting leadership in making informed decisions concerning business strategies and tactics; researching consumer attitudes and behaviors; supporting the fuel strategy; and developing analytical methods to enable proactive customer-focused business processes.
Ensures accurate and timely data analysis for new and existing Walmart fuel stations is developed, maintained, and communicated by managing the maintenance and validation of fuel customer data and traits; developing and overseeing customized research and analysis (for example, competitive, comparative, trend) to support merchant and business unit strategies; collaborating with cross-functional teams to explore future station concepts (for example, redesigns, services); providing strategy recommendations for fuel stations based on customer insights and demographics; enhancing data integrity through systems and data improvements (for example, data collection methodology); and generating and communicating insights from multiple data sources (for example, transactional, syndicated panel, census, geospatial). Learn More
- Project & Program Management SUNNYVALE, CA• Driving product strategy and tactical execution of product goals for innovation and incubation initiatives
• Make effective use of data and instinct to prioritize development for maximum business impact
• Managing sprint plans and requirement documentation
• Managing cross-team dependency coordination, often within the core project team as well as with the broader corporate teams
• Constantly pushing the team to think about product and customer experience differently—embracing challenges
• Managing expectations and meeting deadlines
#LI-KA1 Learn More
- Project & Program Management BENTONVILLE, AROversees and manages program and project budgets by approving pre-construction budgeting; providing oversight and direction for construction contract and development agreements; preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly construction expense and budget reports; addressing over budget issues; and reviewing and approving contractor payments, invoices, expense reports, and change orders.
Drives compliance with laws and regulations for construction programs by overseeing acceptable standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work; ensuring resolution of noncompliance; maintaining certifications; enforcing standards with regulations and company programs (for example, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) refrigerant handling compliance); and providing direction in the application of new or changing initiatives.
Oversees construction projects for Walmart's Fuel Station division across the United States by providing direction to team and overseeing third-party relationships; reviewing and approving construction issues outside the scope of authority for subordinates and responding to and resolving escalated issues; enforcing company design standards; overseeing quality assurance programs; coordinating internal and external resources; and overseeing program schedules for completion within approved timelines.
Drives the creation of processes to ensure the safety, security, and integrity of all Walmart's Fuel Station facility's new and remodel projects and special projects by directing the development, implementation, and communication of prototype design guidelines to drive compliance with all federal, state, and local building codes (for example, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), International Building Code (IBC)), as well as all corporate compliance, food safety, asset management requirements; directing processes for the selection, review, and evaluation of qualified and reputable consultants; and using knowledge of best practices and codes to challenge design elements and mitigate risk to the company.
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these area Learn More
- Project & Program Management BENTONVILLE, ARPlans and directs multiple medium to large, cross-functional Digital Relationship Services projects or programs by defining the scope and objectives
of the project or program; working with key stakeholders (for example, Technology, Global eCommerce, Legal, Store Operations, Compliance,
Finance) to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project or program; facilitating project team meetings to
analyze, plan, and implement project initiatives; coordinating planning activities (for example, business requirements, risk assessment, target date);
ensuring tasks are executed as defined in the schedule in order to achieve goals; managing changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs) to the
plans; reporting results and deliverables to stakeholders and leadership; and ensuring the project or program enhance the customer's mixed-channel
Ensures implementation of project plans, changes, and solutions by communicating and coordinating with key stakeholders (for example, Technology,
Global eCommerce, Legal, Store Operations, Compliance, Finance) to manage expectations and build trust; prioritizing critical issues for root-cause
analysis; ensuring resolution of critical issues; monitoring execution and milestones of the project or program; tracking and reviewing high-level
deliverables; and preparing and presenting weekly performance reports to senior leadership.
Evaluates project or program performance by comparing financial projections to actual results; identifying and analyzing key performance indicators
(KPIs) and trend data; conducting return-on-investment (ROI) analyses; reviewing customer response and feedback from key stakeholders;
identifying and addressing cross-functional program and project issues; collaborating with teams across the company to leverage processes in order
to increase service and product capabilities; and recommending adjustments and process improvement ideas to leadership to meet deliverables.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business
plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring
progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work
environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching
for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to
others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business
partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events. Learn More