With over 200 miles of biking and hiking trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—Northwest Arkansas has something for everyone.
NWA has been recognized as the one of the top places to live in the nation. Our area is one of exponential growth and development and our communities include transplants from all over the globe.
"Building our first home here has been a dream. We live next to several lakes and parks but are only minutes from our favorite restaurants and shops downtown."— Justin
Explore the area
No matter what stage of life you're in, NWA has something for you.
Welcome to Northwest Arkansas0:00
Young Professionals & Northwest Arkansas0:00
Family Time & Northwest Arkansas0:00
Empty Nester & Northwest Arkansas0:00
Things to do for the
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
Northwest Arkansas is full of time-old, culture-packed locations.
This NWA hotspot offers a unique shopping, dining and entertainment experience.
Dickson Street Trail
3 miles of biking and hiking land in the heart of Northwest Arkansas.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
Sink your teeth into renowned, locally sourced Arkansas food.
Acclaimed Coffee Roasters
Explore some of the best coffee around at locally-sourced roasteries.
New and exciting opportunities
- Merchandising & Online OperationsBENTONVILLE, AR
- Conducts forecast analysis for assigned group of categories or department identifying and analyzing factors that impact customer demand for products (for example, product or category trends, seasonality, competitive products); designing and conducting statistical forecast analysis and ad hoc reports to incorporate impacting factors and to identify trends, performance, and concerns; evaluating historical data (for example, lost sales, market trends, and promotions); determining and incorporating demand forecast inputs; conducting error analysis in order to identify any gaps or concerns; adjusting forecasting model based on changes to customer demand and trends; communicating forecast, including risks, uncertainty, and assumptions; and collaborating with key stakeholders (for example, Replenishment Managers) to align demand forecasts to business plans.
- Conducts inventory management process and strategy improvement for categories or department (for example, safety stock)
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Implements one best way for demand management processes and analytical models and measures the results for impact (for example, finances, workflow, speed)
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
- Technology & Software DevelopmentBENTONVILLE, AR
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Leads the work of cross-functional groups of ten to twenty engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports business objectives
- Technology & Software DevelopmentBENTONVILLE, AR
- Assists in the development of engineers and architects
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Demonstrates and proves hardware or software technology concepts to other architects and management
- Develops and implements product development strategies using Agile development processes
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Guides business strategy efforts
- Identifies and implements strategies for service enabled technologies (for example, service oriented architecture)
- Improves the hardware or software technology environment
- Influences the direction of Engineering within the organization
- Leads hardware or software technology projects
- Leads hardware or software technology strategy development and implementation
- Oversees the development of conceptual, logical, or physical hardware or software application designs
- Provides overall direction
- Supply Chain & LogisticsBENTONVILLE, ARManages relationships with suppliers and transportation carriers by providing expertise on product quality; and resolving disputes related to product rejections and other quality disagreements.
Provides overall direction for Food Merchandise Quality Control by analyzing business objectives and customer needs;developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer-focused environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Provides recommendations to improve the quality of perishable products by observing suppliers' facilities and growing areas to discuss quality opportunities; recommending new standards for quality; communicating supplier rejection rates to Merchandising divisions; and instructing distribution center and transportation associates on cold chain protocol.
Provides overall direction to maintain quality, freshness, and food safety of perishable products as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs by developing, implementing, and monitoring quality control policies and procedures; providing guidance on the fruit ripening program; teaching quality inspection practices to provide consistency of quality control; calibrating inspection methodology with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Agriculture Marketing
Service (AMS) offices; and communicating acceptance and rejection performance to suppliers.
Drives training programs on grocery quality control by preparing and delivering training sessions through multiple media;observing and educating Quality Control associates; developing educational materials for quality control training programs on the Quality Control homepage site on the Walmart intranet; and arranging and hosting field trips to perishable suppliers for educational and developmental purposes.
Drives the annual quality control overhead budget by reviewing and approving regional budgets; compiling an overall budget across all quality control divisions; submitting capital expenditure requests for the logistics budget; and comparing forecasted budget to actual spending to identify and reconcile discrepancies.
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating
adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas. Learn More
- Corporate Affairs & CommunicationsBENTONVILLE, ARResponsible for communication and implementation of Front End Transformation projects in FY18.
Needed to help drive Self Checkout utilization goals and store execution.
Issue Track & Resolution on incremental 200 stores in FY18 Learn More