Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III - Unified Payment Team
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD984752
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart’s Payments group is responsible for enabling the core services and systems that support customers’ ability to pay for merchandise on the eCommerce platform, and to provide a bulletproof payment experience for customers in stores and online. Walmart is investing in transforming these spaces with latest technology and we are looking for talented individual who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems. As a primary leader of the Payments processing team, you’ll influence, coach and be a servant leader to multiple teams participating and contributing in transforming products and platforms in this space. You will be part of the application development team leading software design and implementation, problem solving, leading consistency across our team in quality standards, ensuring our teams adhere to micro-service architecture principles, research and propose creative ideas that allows our teams to solve problems faster and provide engineering efficiency as they work with our customers to deliver world-class software solutions.
The Unified Payment team has been chartered to provide a singular payment solution for Walmart and its multitude of ecosystems.
The first milestone tasked for this team is to move payment processing workloads for US stores from mainframe-based system to a cloud native solution.
Payment processing is arguably one of the most critical functions for any retailer, more so for Walmart considering its size and customer focus.
Being a unified payment solution, it will also be handling ecommerce and omni channel payment workloads across Walmart and its subsidiaries.
The service will be maintained and supported by teams in US and India.
Being a highly visible application on the customer journey critical path makes this a high impact application on the customer experience.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage with systems at scale
- You’re comfortable influencing others, engaging with stakeholders, obtaining architectural buy-in from peer products, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality, and an agile way of working to improve your team’s products
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and execution
- You have exposure working with cloud technologies
- You’re a forever student: someone who loves to continuously learn and strive for excellence
- You display great communication/collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- You’re a disruptive thinker who can lead software innovations
- You’re passionate about teaching and mentoring others to be greater than they thought possible
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles; and have high standards for code quality
What you'll do...
- Provide a complete payment lifecycle management solution that caters to Walmart's physical POS clients as well as Ecommerce and omnichannel consumers that will be consumed by various markets across many geographies (US, Mexico, UK, Canada, China etc.)
- Built scalable and high performing services that will support a wide variety of tender types such as Credit/Debit cards, Gift cards, EBT, eWIC, Phone cards, PayPal, Chase pay etc. Additional capabilities include prepaid phone activations, utility payments, benefits lookups, point of banking transactions, Sam’s Club Membership lookups, and Pharmacy Adjudications.
- Perform software development and design, identify short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
What you'll bring..
- Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership
- Experienced in Java, Spring Framework, CI/CD flows, DevOps, Scrum, Kanban, SQL/NoSQL DB (Oracle, MySQL, Spanner, Cassandra), Cloud Experience (Google, Microsoft, Open Stack)
- Strong experience in RESTful Microservices
- Experience of Container technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Excellent written & verbal communication, including the ability to create robust documentation
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology & public cloud
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform, cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including – Google Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- Solid experience in Java technology stack
- Around 5 years of total experience with over 2 years of experience building and deploying micro services in public cloud.
- Experience working with one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably both relational and non-relational systems
- Experience in Retail Or Finance domain.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, TroubleshootingMasters: Computer Science
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth