Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Manager II, Data Analytics, Ecomm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD970417
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you’ll do…
Be an essential part of the strategic programs team in one of the fastest moving and exciting parts of Walmart: the ecommerce Marketplace. Combining the scale only Walmart can deliver, augmented with the technology and services you will help bring to life, we are powering world-class experiences and solutions for our customers and associates. Solve problems, deliver insight, and build applications that will power the best E2E capabilities retail has ever seen.
As part of this growing team looking to deliver big things in 2023 and beyond, you will support business verticals in Delivery, Customer Experience, Seller Standards & Incentives, and Returns. From motivating sellers to delighting customers, this role has a lot of great problems to solve and tremendous value to add.
You will make an impact by:
Contribute to a high-performance culture delivering multiple projects, priorities in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated capacity to lead a team of analysts. Deliver key data-driven business insights, working with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities that drive business and product strategy.
Define how teams measure success by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics in close partnership with vertical pods (business, product, tech, and design). Perform deep-dive analysis across all areas of the Marketplace Post-Purchase experience to drive growth strategies.
You will sweep us off our feet if you:
Deliver best-in-class analytic capabilities and solutions, both in the solutions being deployed and in the soft-skills utilized to be effective in a large, dynamic organization. Conducting advanced statistical analysis to provide recommendation of relevance, applicability, and efficiency of features, services. Designing and running experiments and developing dashboards and data visualizations to enable decision making and to communicate results to leadership. Answering complex business questions via data to enable business and product owners to make critical decisions. Driving understanding of customers and their interaction with products, through in-depth analyses of user behavior and engagement.
What you’ll bring:
- Proficiency in SQL, GCP and R/Python.
- Visual Analytics Tools: Tableau, Looker, and Power BI
- A/B testing frameworks
- Hypothesis testing, statistics, and probability
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks
- Strong communicator
- Can effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate ideas to others
- Storytelling using data
- Cross functional leadership
- Ability to support teams in multiple locations
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
- Experience in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, Excel (VBA), SQL, SAP Hana, GCP, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position.
- Related industry experience (for example: retail, eCommerce, online Marketplaces)
- People management experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Expertise in data science and scripting languages (for example, R, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, or Pig)
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or related field and 2 years’ experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area OR 4 years’ experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business Analysis, Microsoft Office
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth