Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Product Management
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD877239
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Did you know that as the largest retailer on Earth, 90% of the US population is located less than nine miles from a Walmart store? At Walmart Global Technology, we're redefining the future of retail! The Walmart Global Technology team is building enterprise-grade technology platforms that will transform retail. These platforms are battle tested at Walmart scale, and we’re also exploring externalizing our technology services so other companies can leverage these same innovative technologies.
As part of our team, you'll help define and build our vision of Market Fulfilment Centers being a key part of Walmart’s long term strategy. You’ll work end to end on this project, interacting with multiple engineering and product teams, liaising directly with operators in a super fast-growing environment. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, product thinking, and sharp product judgment. You will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategies for our product line.
- Product Strategy: Help identify and quantify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish across multiple teams.
- Influence and communicate: Help shape product plans and roadmaps across multiple teams
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Manage trade-offs and prioritization between engineering level-of-effort and customer experiences
- Stakeholder Management: build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Go To Market: Communicate product plans, roadmaps, and releases to all stakeholders
Experiences & Qualifications
- Customer Centricity: A proven track record of developing and acting on customer and / or associate insights.
- Platform Products: Experience coordinating UI and API requirements across diverse client sets and building a platform product.
- Problem Solving: Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and make valid conclusions.
- Leadership: Ability to work with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-growing, agile environment.
- Automation: Whilst not a prerequisite, experience in warehouse automation would be helpful
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth