Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Sam's Club Transportation - Logistics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Drivers & Transportation
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD876098
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
The Sam’s Club Logistics Transportation Manager will:
- Ensure execution of daily operations for all third-party logistics outbound transportation by monitoring and holding all carriers to trailer utilization standards; resolving lane capacity issues as necessary to meet standards; monitoring carrier performance; holding accountability discussions with carrier, fleet leadership and carrier relations; and making carrier lane change recommendations to the Carrier Relations team as needed.
- Manage capacity, resources, and delivery by developing tactical plans with all carriers to meet volume demands and ensuring alignment with transportation strategy; negotiating contracts and making carrier recommendations to Carrier Relations team for the bid process; managing carriers to achieve planned trailer pool standards by collaborating with consolidators and carriers; and translating inbound volume (for example, day of week) to outbound demand that will impact carrier service.
- Drive departmental efficiencies and supply chain improvements by coordinating with internal stakeholders and representing Sam's Club objectives as it relates to flow of merchandise; supporting and participating in cross-functional projects to achieve supply chain improvements; and developing and improving measures of outbound delivery network and data availability.
- Manage expenditures on third-party logistics operators by evaluating and reporting inefficient routing to the appropriate team (for example, Transportation Strategy team); collaborating cross functionally with the Replenishment team to optimize load building process and more effectively reduce transportation spend based on feedback from third-party logistics operators; and auditing and acting on customer shipments that may negatively impact cost, service and sales.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Proactive and direct communication
- Ability to leverage and own key operational metrics, driving action before issues escalate
- Ability to think broadly about a business challenge
- Conducting root cause analysis and putting sustainable actions in place to resolve and minimize future recurrences
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management (e.g., Logistics, Transportation) or related field and 2 years' experience in Supply Chain Management or related field OR 4 years' experience in Supply Chain Management or related field. 1 year's experience with word and database applications (e.g., MS-Office, Word, Excel).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth