Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Asset Protection Assistant Store Manager - Wm Stores Security
- Location KING OF PRUSSIA, PA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD868845
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manages facility level training and execution of asset protection, safety functions, and claims and receiving procedures by reviewing the application of policies, procedures, compliance guidelines (for example, cold chain, hazardous materials) and operational controls; identifying gaps in expectations versus training levels; determining training needs; and developing and delivering the training where needed.Drives sales by ensuring effective merchandise presentation (for example, accurate and competitive pricing, proper signing, inventory levels, cleanliness of the area); assessing economic trends and community needs; overseeing the stocking and rotation of merchandise; setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays; and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to hourly Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standardsManages claims and receiving operations by ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed; ensuring timely processing of claims (for example, damaged, defective, returned, liquidated items) and merchandise deliveries (for example, suppliers, third party deliveries); providing direction for claims or receiving issues; and maintaining necessary documentation and reporting.Controls the unexplained loss of merchandise and improves profitability by identifying and communicating performance goals and objectives; building accountability for policies and procedures; measuring adherence to loss prevention policies and procedures; reviewing variances to inventory reports; conducting operational and pre-inventory reviews; gathering data, auditing results and monitoring deficiency trends; identifying improvement opportunities; communicating and working with managers and associates to determine corrections needed to inventory controls and influencing the implementation and execution of control corrections; and teaching managers and associates operational controls and processes in multiple stores.Monitors safety and risk controls within a facility by ensuring an effective safety program is in place; supervising the safety team; identifying accident trends to develop and implement solutions to prevent accidents; observing work practices and providing training to associates on accident prevention techniques; communicating plans to minimize accidents; and overseeing safety reviews and implementing plans to improve safety.Detects, deters, investigates, and resolves violations of company policies and criminal activities by investigating alleged fraud and other alleged illegal activities; conducting investigations relating to the operations and policies of the company; obtaining evidence, taking statements, writing case reports, and providing court room testimony, as needed; and participating in collaborative efforts with other investigative entities. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.•Completion of 2 years’ of college OR 1 year’s experience as a supervisor in a multi-department environment OR 1 year’s experience in one of the
following areas: accounting, claims, inventory control, systems/upc, personnel, or loss prevention/asset protection in a multi-department
environment OR 2 years’ experience in an asset protection related field.
Meets applicable state requirements to work in Asset Protection, such as, minimum age, specialized training, certification and/ or licensing.
For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state specific requirements, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying may require a
current state issued Certificate of Eligibility.
For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms- specific
Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open
Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University, Investigative experience, Supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates.Bachelors: Business, Bachelors: Criminal JusticeLPC - Loss Prevention Certified - Certification, LPQ - Loss Prevention Qualified - Certification
Primary Location...275 N GULPH RD, KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406-2803, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth