Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Alarm Tech I, Raleigh, NC
- Location RALEIGH, NC
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD866072
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Stores Inc is seeking a determined and dynamic Alarm Technician. The position will be responsible over the Raleigh, North Carolina area. The shift will be a day shift, Monday- Friday. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of how an alarm system works and have ability to troubleshoot technical problems. This individual will have excellent customer service.
You will make an impact by:
- Installing, maintaining, and ensuring the operational functionality of life safety and security systems under the guidance of security system technicians by diagnosing and repairing electronic life safety monitoring systems across various work units (for example, Walmart business units, corporate facilities, stores); providing assistance in ensuring code compliance of life safety and security systems; training associates on proper system operation; researching, identifying, recommending, and implementing process improvements and system upgrades; analyzing corrective action results; and reporting findings to senior management.
- Assisting security system technicians with administrative and maintenance responsibilities by staying current on emails; filing job detail reports, time sheets, expense reports, fire alarm inspection reports, and truck inventory reports; ensuring accuracy of expenditures; demonstrating and ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures for vehicle cleaning and maintenance; and assisting technicians to maintain appropriate equipment inventory levels.
- Assisting in ensuring code compliance by achieving, maintaining, and enforcing all required licenses and certifications for national electrical and fire codes for local, state, and federal regulations (for example low voltage license, fire alarm license, National Institute Certifying Engineering Technology (NICET) certification, National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA) training, National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 72, NFPA 731 and NFPA 101).
- Provides customer service to multiple stakeholders (for example, Associates, vendors, suppliers) by tracking, managing, and adapting performance; developing, supporting, and guiding associate’s decision-making and actions; identifying security system upgrades; assisting associates meet stakeholder needs; and obtaining and integrating necessary resources for daily operational execution to meet and exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Learns daily administrative and maintenance responsibilities from security system technicians by staying current on emails; filing daily job detail reports, weekly time sheets, weekly expense reports, fire alarm inspection reports, store maps, quarterly truck inventory; ensuring correct expenditures; watching truck maintenance, servicing, and cleaning; and assisting with equipment inventory levels
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: 1 year's experience using Microsoft Office Applications (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook). Valid drivers license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Commercial security systems design, integration, and managementAssociates: Electrical Science, Vocational: Electrical ScienceNational Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies Level II Fire Alarm - Certification
Primary Location...10050 GLENWOOD AVE, RALEIGH, NC 27617-8436, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth