Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Store No. 8 - Back end Engineer (Security) - Seattle
- Location SEATTLE, WA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD864647
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Store no.8 has an Augmented Reality studio based in the Seattle area. We are a team of engineers, designers, innovators and creators dedicated to paving the way for augmented reality applications in the retail space. Our focus is on functional use cases that merge diverse data streams and personalized information with specific physical locations to create productive and entertaining immersive real-world shopping experiences.
About the Role:
Store No. 8 Cloud Platform is responsible for enabling the ability to provide smart and rich interactive experiences to millions of customers. The Platform ingests data from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data providers to power services necessary for UI teams to create supreme AR environments. We also support the research team to continuously improve the intelligence of our system by providing usage data collected from the field.
We are looking for highly talented backend engineers with extensive security
experience to join us to build this real-time platform of high availability and flexibility.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Artists, and Frontend Engineers to gather
requirements and build components and features on multiple layers of the stack.
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of deliverables and the coverage of automatic
- Ensure the security of services and data across domain boundaries.
- Ensure the reliability and scalability of our services, resolve live issues as appropriate.
- Promote engineering/operation excellence and improve standards, toolings, and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of platform experience in software engineering using at least one modern language such as C++, Java, Go, or C#.
- 3+ years of experience developing in RESTful/JSON/XML.
- 1+ years of experiences in IAM, security protocol, access control, and data protection.
- Strong problem solving skills. Familiarity with design patterns, algorithms and other software development skill sets.
- Industrial experience of developing high scalability and availability of multi-tier
platforms and services.
- Industrial experience with databases including RDMS and Nosql.
Bonus Points if you Bring:
- Industrial experience of bridging on-premise services with services in Azure under tight security requirements.
- Industrial experience of leading InfoSec compliance activities..
- Strong knowledge of parallel programming, thread programming, and scalability.
- Industrial experience of operating high available services of planet scale.
In Seattle We Offer:
• A fast paced startup environment with unlimited potential for growth
• Unlimited PTO - We believe in work-life balance and want you to take the time you need.
• Generous Medical, Dental and Vision packages to choose from
• 401K and Stock Options
• Career Development programs
• Monthly social events and team outings
• Dog friendly office
• And so much more..
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, TroubleshootingInformation Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification
Primary Location...2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth