Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Store No. 8 - Lead Backend Engineer
- Location SEATTLE, WA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD864600
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Store No. 8 has an Augmented Reality studio based in the Seattle area. We are a team of engineers, designers, innovators and creators dedicated to paving the way for augmented reality applications in the retail space. Our focus is on functional use cases that merge diverse data streams and personalized information with specific physical locations to create productive and entertaining immersive real-world shopping experiences.
About The Role:
Store No. 8 Cloud Platform is responsible for enabling the ability to provide smart and personalized interactive experiences to millions of customers. The Platform provides data and services necessary for UI teams to create supreme AR environments, and supports the research team to continuously improve the intelligence of our system. The Platform ingests data from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party sources, processes it, and builds the services on top of the data.
We are looking for a highly talented senior engineer to lead a team to build this real-time platform of high availability and flexibility.
• Work with the architect and stakeholders to define and build a new global scale hybrid Cloud Platform on corporate networks and on Azure. Migrate downstream services onto the new platform.
• Be responsible for the completeness and quality of deliverables including
documentation, testing, and production.
• Be responsible for the platform operations.
• Implement best practices in multiple disciples including security, engineering and
• Promote data-driven approach to optimize platform experience.
• Mentor junior engineers.
What You Bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of industrial experience in software engineering using at least one modern languages preferably C#, with 5+ years in leading design, development, and
deployment of high availability multi-tier platforms and services.
• Strong knowledge of RESTful/JSON/XML.
• Hands on proficiency with Azure services.
• Industrial experience of operating 24x7x365 tier-1 services.
• Industrial experience of platform security including Authentication/Authorization, API Gateway, or SSL termination.
• Industrial experiences of CI/CD and applying within software development.
Store No. 8 Lead Backend Engineer
• Experience bridging on-premise services with services in Azure under tight security requirements
• Industrial experience of SQL/NoSQL databases.
• Strong knowledge of network infrastructure.
• Industrial experience of Python.
• Knowledge of Unity.
Store No. 8 Team Members:
• Contribute in a respectful manner with empathy and emotional intelligence across the studio.
• Can work collaboratively in a team as well as independently.
• Are able to be self-directed in their work and learning.
• Bring a growth mindset to the work they do.
In Seattle We Offer:
• A fast paced startup environment with unlimited potential for growth
• Unlimited PTO - We believe in work-life balance and want you to take the time you
• Generous Medical, Dental and Vision packages to choose from
• 401K and Stock Options
• Career Development programs
• Monthly social events and team outings
• Dog friendly office
• And so much more..
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, TroubleshootingInformation Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification
Primary Location...2628 NE UNIVERSITY VILLAGE ST, SEATTLE, WA 98105-5023, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth