Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Supply Chain Management - Fleet Maintenance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD864401
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the growth and delivery of our NextGen Transportation Engineering team! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It’s not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation, you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain! If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world’s largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- 5-6 years of Project Management/Engineering Management experience - Day to day equipment lifecycle, Scoping requirements, managing vendor relationships, Partnering with business and operators to roll out new technologies
- Zero Emissions Experience – Regenerative technologies, Emissions reduction, Electric, hydrogen, and CNG solutions, Low Carbon class 8 vehicles
- Automation Experience – Autonomous vehicles, Enabling technologies, Next-Gen solutions – cameras, sensors, RFID
- Technology Product Management, Data Management, Dashboards, Data Strategy & Big Data Management
- Transportation Industry Experience – Class 8 vehicles, OEM design, Maintenance
- Manufacturing Industry Experience – Zero Loss, Route Cause analysis and Operational Equipment Efficiency
Manages end-to-end supply chain processes and ensures merchandise flow through the distribution network and fulfillment centers by directing resolutions and responding to escalations of daily issues; analyzing data from multiple stakeholders to streamline and improve network efficiencies; providing data for the supplier compliance process flow; researching and analyzing the root cause of daily and escalated exceptions concerning shipping, receiving, inventory, and return related issues; conducting performance reviews of merchandising department, distribution centers, and suppliers.
Oversees relationships with external parties by serving as the main point of contact for external partners; communicating expectations and agreements to external partners; consolidating and communicating relevant findings and information to external stakeholders; leading audit processes to ensure external partners comply with company standards and agreements; utilizing quarterly scorecards to measure and correct performance; and assisting senior leadership with the selection of service providers.
Improves supply chain execution by approving a flow path channel from supplier to store to best fit sales, in-stock, and profit metrics; collaborating between supply chain stakeholders to ensure sales, in-stock, inventory, profitability, and strategic goals are achieved; tracking the movement and arrival of goods across the supply chain; presenting recommendations to address conflicting goals; identifying order exceptions, disruptions, and supply chain constraints that will impact supply chain execution; and developing and coordinating a resolution.
Drives field-level direction and provides guidance for the execution of operations by supervising the liaison for the field; communicating operational expectations to suppliers and transporters; addressing performance-related issues with stakeholders.
Directs supply chain flow process improvement efforts by contributing to the design, development, and delivery of new ways of working between supply chain stakeholders; prioritizing product flow plan objectives; ensuring flow plans are achievable; managing the correction of errors processes and feedback loops; identifying areas of opportunity to improve service levels; supporting the use of end-to-end costing methodology and lean concepts; providing cost recommendations to reduce process waste, and provide opportunities for cost reductions and process efficiencies; and reviewing and analyzing the impact and benefits to internal processes.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring
progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values:
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an Omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related
area OR 6 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
2 years’ experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Dispatch, Fleet Management, Network Analysis, Retail Logistics OperationsMasters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply ChainProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth