Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Product Manager - Externalization & Commercialization
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD863205
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Product Manager - Externalization & Commercialization
Did you know that as the largest retailer on Earth, 90% of the US population is located less than nine miles from a Walmart store? At Walmart Global Technology, we're redefining the future of retail! The Walmart Global Technology team is building enterprise-grade technology platforms that will transform retail. These platforms are battle tested at Walmart scale, and we’re also exploring externalizing our technology services so other companies can leverage these same innovative technologies.
As part of our team, you'll help define and build on our vision of Last Mile Delivery which will be used by Walmart and other retailers using our Third-party Technology Services. You’ll work among engineers, product designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role requires a mix of great technical depth, product thinking, and sharp product judgment. Walmart’s Last Mile Delivery is a three-sided business/marketplace, with end-customers, drivers, and retailers (Walmart and external retailers). You will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long-term strategies for our product line.
- Product Strategy: Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish.
- Platform Products: Bring to market new enterprise-grade SaaS products which will be leveraged by Walmart, Walmart Subsidiaries, and external Retailers and Suppliers.
- Products that Scale: Define and prioritize scaling needs as we onboard new customers, grow existing customers, and expand internationally.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Manage trade-offs and prioritization between engineering level-of-effort and customer experiences.
- Test & Learn: Ability to make hypotheses, test with monitoring of data, organize the insights, and identify ways to improve efficiency.
- Industry Research: Run user research, competitive research, usability studies, and data-driven experiments to inform product direction.
- Go To Market: Communicate product plans, roadmaps, and releases to all stakeholders — within teams, company, clients, users, press, etc.
Experiences & Qualifications
- Enterprise SaaS Product Management: 3+ years as a Product Manager driving and managing complex enterprise SaaS software products.
- Integrations & API: Integrating and building with eCommerce or Retail Point of Sales systems (Adobe Magento, Salesforce Demandware, Shopify, Square, etc.).
- Industry Experience: Experience working with the gig economy, retail, supply chain, logistics, online-to-offline, transportation, and marketplaces.
- Customer Centricity: A proven track record of developing and acting on customer and client insights.
- Platform Products: Experience coordinating UI and API requirements across diverse client sets and building a platform product.
- Problem Solving: Ability to define opportunities and problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and make valid conclusions.
- Leadership: Ability to work with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-growing, agile environment.
- Education: Engineering degree or experience coding web/mobile apps.
- Startup: Experience starting/scaling a successful startup from the ground up.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 4 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 1 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...860 W CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth