Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager I, Facility Design
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD862113
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manager I, Facility Design
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. In this unique role, you will have the visibility to a range of departments leveraging the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You can create interior and architectural designs with substantial financial risks
- You can conduct quality assurance post audit reviews of interior and architectural designs by reviewing list of identified design errors and identifying root cause of those errors
- You can demonstrate professional judgement throughout your recommendations, decisions, priority-setting, and analysis of improvement opportunities
- You are focused on execution and results as showcased by your pursuit of achieving performance objectives
- You can adapt to varying business situations
- You are always planning for and improving performance
- You are adaptable professionally, demonstrating creativity and strength in the face of challenges
- You are skilled in building relationships that are trusting, collaborative, cross-functionally
- You have some knowledge about retail construction
You’ll make an impact by:
- Building relationships: you’ll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with Mod Managers, Business Analytics, Store Space Managers, Real Estate project managers, and Architectural Firms
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices to meet customer and business needs
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Willingness to Learn and Grow: You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to different parts of the business as you grow in the role. You could be drawing projects for Grocery fixture rollouts one month and updating our frond end checkout space the next.
- Execution Focused: Creates merchandise fixture layout plans for store and real estate team execution by utilizing CAD space planning platforms to create and maintain store space.
Skills/Key Focus Areas:
- Designing store layouts to enable existing store formats
- Collaborating with leaders and downstream business partners to gain approval of plans
Benefits & Perks:
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance - based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision, and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees for $1 a day, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Business, or related field and 1 years' experience in retail management, project management, architecture, CAD design, or related field OR 3 years' experience in retail management, project management, architecture, CAD design, or related field. 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office systems (for example, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) or Adobe systems (for example, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Retail Management, Retail Software ProgramsBachelors: Business
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth