Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Design Researcher - Sam's Club
- Location FREDERICK, MD
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD860812
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the membership you love the most.
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.
We need your Research expertise to support key initiatives throughout the Sam’s Club organization. You’ll help the team define customer needs, then work with our partners to conceive and deliver engaging experiences.
The right fit is someone who is focused on crafting effective experiences for our members and associates and understands how to deliver results in a compelling story. You’ll use your knowledge of user research, in collaboration with other team members, to dive deep into our users’ mindsets and help ensure that our design solutions are both grounded and validated.
How you’ll spend your days:
- Help transform real-world problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers and associates around the world. You’ll figure out how to best address our research goals & questions so your partners don’t have to.
- Conduct research in critical-need areas of the business using a variety of methodologies.
- Incorporate research & metrics from multiple sources into your work to deliver actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
- Balance speed of findings with quality and strive to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of our business.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Present your findings to a cross-functional team of product, engineering, design and business team members.
- Work in collaboration with and welcome feedback from senior researchers and leaders.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You’ve shown your ability to plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a variety of user research studies. You have experience moderating live studies and understand how they’re applied in a dynamic organization.
- You have relentless curiosity with the desire to understand the interconnectedness of users, decisions, and actions.
- You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through your research.
- You’re excited to work with your peers on your research approach.
- You can manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ever-changing priorities of a large retail organization. You can work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design research experience OR Masters Degree OR 6 years design research experience
- 2+ years' experience working with product and engineering teams
- 2+ years' experience designing and conducting complex user research programs using a variety of methodologies in a corporate environment
- 2+ years' experience applying research insights to creative design solutio
- 2+ years’ experience with systematic, remote research tools such asUsertesting.com or User Zoom
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, associate discounts, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor Degree and 2 years design research experience OR Masters Degree OR 6 years design research experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...321 BALLENGER CTR DR STE 108, FREDERICK, MD 21703, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth