Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Lead Counsel, eComm Technology & Product
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD860752
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Imagine a position that allows you to apply your trusted legal expertise while working alongside the world’s largest retailer. Imagine an opportunity that leverages your love of technology and positions you as a trusted business advisor. At Walmart, our Lead Counsels drive strategy while empowering the organization to make informed decisions that align to enterprise objectives. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy solving problems and working collaboratively toward a solution, you’ll find that being a part of our Legal division is a move that brings with it tremendous growth potential and exciting new challenges. The most exciting part? You’ll likely find yourself in a place you never envisioned your law degree would take you.
Join the Technology Innovations & Product Team within Digital Citizenship as a Lead Counsel for Technology & Product. In this role, you will provide advice and counsel to teams within Walmart’s technology and product organizations, including the teams responsible for the content, products, and services featured on Walmart.com. You will also support innovative technology deals that grow and enhance Walmart’s first-party (1P) online retail business. In fulfilling your duties, you will partner cross-functionally with key business and engineering stakeholders as well as subject matter experts throughout Walmart’s legal and compliance organizations.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Keeping the ethical use of data and responsible use of technology at the forefront of your legal work, with an eye toward promoting fairness, privacy, and cybersecurity. At Walmart, the customer is #1!
- Providing legal advice to the company by providing clients with an informed understanding of the client's legal rights, obligations, and risks to allow the client to make informed decisions.
- Identifying the need for and overseeing outside legal support for business transactions and projects.
- Collaborating with senior executives on significant risks; seeking authority and obtaining informed consent to proceed with legal matters.
- Partnering with Compliance and Business leaders to define best practices and policies to ensure compliance with state & federal laws and regulations to mitigate corporate risk.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have experience providing transactional support and product counseling to online retail businesses.
- You have expertise in the fields of data privacy and information security.
- You have substantial, diverse legal experience (ex. combination of in-house, government, leading law firm, etc.).
- You empower your business partners while working collaboratively to achieve cross-functional goals.
- You have a proven track record of risk identification, assessment, and mitigation.
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years’ experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth