Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Distinguished Data Scientist - Walmart Fulfillment Services
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD860116
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Understands, articulates, interprets, and applies the principles of the defined strategy to unique, moderately complex business problems that may span one or main functions or domains.
Analyzes the business problem within one's discipline and questions assumptions to help the business identify the root cause.Identifies and recommends approach to resolve the business problem. Sets data analytics, big data analytics, automation goals, and deliverables based on the established success criteria and define key metrics to measure progress and effectiveness of the solution. Quantifies business impact.
Data Source Identification:
Defines data requirements for various model types. Directs usage of the appropriate internal and external data sources based on business and model requirements (for example, types of databases, recommended data structures). Defines data quality guidelines andaligns data governance.
Applied Business Acumen:
Evaluates proposed business cases for projects and initiatives. Influences business stakeholder decision making.Translate business requirements into strategies, initiatives, and projects and aligns them to business strategy and objectives, and drives the execution of deliverables. Builds and articulates the business case and return on investment and delivers work that has demonstrable value. Challenge business assumptions on topics related to one's domain expertise. Develops new organization-wide processes and ways of working. Teaches and guides others on best practices. Proactively engages in the external community to build Walmart's brand and learn more about industry practices.
Model Assessment & Validation:
Identifies and reviews model evaluation metrics based on analytical requirements. Applies suitable techniques for model testing and tuning, to assess accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness. Ensures testing information is documented and maintained by the team.
Code Development & Testing:
Reviews the solution and application design to ensure it meets business, technical, and data requirements. Identifies language and libraries to use in the development process. Maps test cases to business and functional requirements. Creates proof of concepts.Reviews and troubleshoots code in line with final designs. Identifies and recommends the appropriate testing methodology. Identifies the environment(s) for deployment. Identifies and recommends modifications of application based on different environment requirements. Identifies modifications needed for scalability and drives the change. Monitors applications in production and leads development of patches where required.Reviews and ensures all code documentation is complete and updated periodically. Review work of Junior associates in the team.
Identifies and recommends the most suitable visualization tools based on context. Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for complex data sets and drive User Experience designers and User Interface engineers to build front end applications. Defines application design based on customer requirements. Builds compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights. Presents to and influences diverse audiences using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through deep business and stakeholder understanding.Customizes communication style based on stakeholders and leverages relationships to drive behavioral change. Guides and mentors junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
Model Deployment & Scaling:
Deploys models or model ensembles and ensures sustainability and maintenance overtime. Implements modelmonitoring and model life-cycle management practices. Assists in creation of innovative user interfaces and supports the use of models through collaboration with key stakeholders.
Explores and creates automated feature generation framework. Develops standard EDA process. Develops best practices on experimentation. Drives exploratory work in newer areas of Math, Statistics, Machine Learning, and Optimization Techniques. Continuously improves the business's data analysis models. Creates industry-leading performance by leveraging new and creative data-sources. Employs the latest in machine learning in the department, Scopes, designs, and implements new machine-learning models to support the business's initiatives and programs with a view of achieving overall objectives and targets. Guides teams in the development and delivery of big data predictive technologies models, and fully working prototypes of complex algorithms using readily available libraries.Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting,selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leadingkey community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Publications or active peer reviewer in related journals or conference, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth