Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Store Space Design, International Real Estate
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD857526
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with all of Walmart’s International markets! This associate will primarily focus on:
- Working with the markets to share best practices in developing relevant and innovative format prototypes that evolve to serve our customers in each market.
- Empowering our International Real Estate teams across the globe by identify and leveraging best practices across markets to enable efficient, streamlined solutions and ways of working as it relates to design and construction initiatives.
- Supporting our markets to meet company-wide sustainability goals within our Real Estate footprint and focus on path to becoming a Regenerative Company, specifically focusing on refrigeration design and transformation.
- Develops new design solutions and the adaptation of existing store designs by interpreting business strategies presented from key stakeholders (for example, Merchandising, Operations, Realty); creating design solutions based on new ideas, generating design solutions that drive sales, profitability and reduce expenses and removing or enhancing solutions that are detrimental to the business, coordinating the development of new ideas, leading design sessions, enhancing the customer experience through consideration of customer needs and expectations, maximizing operational efficiencies and space allocation and collaborating across various areas of the company (for example, Merchandising, Realty, Marketing, Operations).
- Develops and maintains design guidelines and frameworks for the team by creating consistent language and communication for project requirements ensuring the project requirements fit design guidelines and developing design project requirements.
- Ensures successful project implementation for a strategic business unit by reviewing design plans, monitoring the implementation within store pilots, ensuring business requirements are met, ensuring design guidelines are followed; identifying opportunities, recommending improvements and approving implementation to scale design.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs, developing and communicating business plans and priorities, removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance, providing resources, identifying performance standards, measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly, developing contingency plans and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training, mentoring; assigning duties, building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations, providing recognition and rewards, coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders, soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology, computer aided drafting, drafting and design technology, architectural design, or related field and 2 years experience in retail store design or related field OR 4 years experience in retail store design or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Retail Industry, Retail Store Design or Layout, Supervising Associates
Primary Location...701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth