Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Project Analyst II, Telecommunications
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD857414
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in cabling and telecommunications services and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Manages execution of large, complex, and high-profile projects with minimal guidance by organizing internal and external customers and suppliers; developing schedules and logistics; prioritizing critical issues; motivating subject matter expert(s) for root-cause resolution; defining project team operating rules and reporting systems (for example, communication plan, shipping flow plan); monitoring progress versus plan; providing expertise and leading project meetings with customers, suppliers, and Information Systems Division (ISD) team members; escalating and resolving complex or difficult issues; utilizing scope-change orders; tracking expenditures and budgets; providing informational presentations to internal customers; and developing project performance reports.
- Provides leadership on projects for the team by providing input and ideas to improve processes; coordinating input and overview of area project reports; providing project guidance to area associates; removing roadblocks for other associates; and holding self, peers, customers, and suppliers accountable.
- Solves internal customer and business problems by analyzing data; performing trend analyses; identifying causes and solutions; resolving service, support, or projects-related issues (for example, Remedy tickets); leading war rooms as directed and identifying recurring service issues.
- Engages in professional development by enrolling in and completing training with minimal supervision; using training in daily operations of team; mentoring team members; encouraging growth; suggesting training for team; ensuring personal training plan is completed; and participating in developmental projects.
- Plans large, complex, and high-profile data, hardware, and telephony projects by defining installation parameters; coordinating installations; developing risk assessment documentation; working with internal customers to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and obstacles; developing a document of understanding; coordinating project planning activities (for example, business requirements, risk assessment, current and desired diagrams, target dates); organizing project teams; constructing work breakdown structures; and participating in budget creation.
- Oversees data, hardware, and telephony projects being managed by other team members by inspecting documentation; discussing project status and receiving updates; escalating and resolving complex or difficult issues; identifying 'at risk' projects; suggesting improved project methodologies; resolving project issues; assisting with informational presentations; and mentoring team members on projects.
- Oversees hardware inventory by managing stock levels and inventory controlled by third parties; ordering material for projects; creating requests for supplier price quotes; receiving and evaluating bids for best cost-effectiveness; preparing contracts and project documentation; generating requests for purchase orders; reviewing and approving supplier invoices; reviewing and assessing stock levels assigned to Project Analysts and Senior Project Analysts; suggesting improvements in inventory flow; and implementing liquidations and reallocations.
- Ensures internal customer satisfaction and acceptance of large, complex, and high-profile projects by pilot-testing to validate functionality; identifying installation errors and required improvements; documenting corrections and internal customer acceptance of solutions; auditing final installation status; and issuing a final report. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: 1 year experience in voice and data cabling or related field. 1 year project management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"My favorite part of the day is talking with my team while drinking coffee and eating a donut."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth