Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Benefits Services - Benefits
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD856755
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages the execution of absence management programs and related processes (paid time off, leave of absence, short and long-term disability, and accommodations), to include plan design, analysis of Federal, State and local laws, development of training and resources, and oversight of system development and implementation.
- Analyzes data to assess program performance and trends to make recommendations for program enhancements.
- Provides support to business partners by analyzing inquiries, partnering with appropriate stakeholders to ensure inquiries are resolved, business partners are supported, communicated to and issues are resolved.
- Requires responding to escalations regarding disability and leave including but not limited to pay issues, file issues, application of policy, requests for policy information/clarification, etc.
- Attend business partner and field meetings and provide trainings.
- Ensures project alignment with priorities and strategies throughout product life cycle by drafting product roadmap recommendations; analyzing alignment gaps and developing mitigation plans; and ensuring product work and prioritization is visible to team, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Manage the execution of HRIS projects for Absence Management-i.e. Workday, Payroll, etc. from the business perspective.
- Includes development of project roadmaps and ensuring the progress of the work product against established objectives, timelines, deliverables, and quality standards.
- Reviews new Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and case law to identify any program changes or reporting and controls needed to maintain compliance.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure performance in line with Walmart expectations, including conducting reviews and audits of vendor work.
- Leads team in conducting meetings, reviewing documents, requirements, project plans and composing reports.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with internal stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects.
- Change agent focused on the success of our business and its customers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with vendor partners and project team, while providing objective insights that support a change management mindset.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment and achieve credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced client environment, including staying focused on priority deliverables
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Finance, Accounting, Education, or related field OR 2 years' experience in group benefits management, group benefits administration, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Project Management, Supervising Associates
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth