Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Data Analytics
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD851933
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Tactical Ops team works within the Intelligent Retail lab. Our mandate is bring artificial intelligence to a retail environment. As a member of the tactical ops team you will partner with the AI and Engineering teams while using advanced analytics to:
- Protect the customer experience
- Drive KPIs
- Launch our solutions to stores and to the supply chain
- Provide un-biased analytics and insights to the IRL team and our stakeholders
- Automate reporting and support
- Rapid prototype reporting and tooling
Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.Problem Formulation: Translates business problems within one's discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem. Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, interprets, and applies the principles of the defined strategy to unique, moderately complex business problems that may span one or main functions or domains.
Data Visualization: Identifies and recommends the most suitable visualization tools based on context. Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for complex data sets and drive User Experience designers and User Interface engineers to build front end applications. Defines application design based on customer requirements. Builds compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights. Presents to and influences diverse audiences using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through deep business and stakeholder understanding.Customizes communication style based on stakeholders and leverages relationships to drive behavioral change. Guides and mentors junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
Data Quality Management: Promotes and educates others on data quality awareness. Profiles, analyzes, and assesses data quality. Tests and validates data quality requirements. Continuously measures and monitors data quality. Delivers against data quality service level agreements.Manages operational Data Quality Management procedures. Manages data quality issues and leads data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects, improve data quality, and eliminate unused data. Determines user accessibility and removes or restricts user access as needed. Interprets company and regulatory policies on data. Educates others on data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.
Applied Business Acumen: Evaluates proposed business cases for projects and initiatives. Influences business stakeholder decision making.Translates business requirements into strategies, initiatives, and projects and aligns them to business strategy and objectives and drives the execution of deliverables. Builds and articulates the business case and return on investment and delivers work that has demonstrable value.Challenges business assumptions on topics related to one's domain expertise. Develops new organization-wide processes and ways of working.Teaches and guides others on best practices. Proactively engages in the external community to build Walmart's brand and learns more about industry practices.
Exploratory Data Analysis: Collects and tabulates data and evaluates results to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability. Supports the identification and application of statistical techniques based on requirements. Applies suitable technique under direction from leadership. Assists in the planning, design and implementation of exploratory data analysis research projects. Understands existing statistical models and identifies and recommends statistical models based on hypothesis. Uses advanced Knowledge in Data Discovery tools to write queries and analyzes data to identify patterns, trends, outliers, and correlations. Conducts statistical experiments(for example hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds basic statistical models using packages like Statistical Analysis Systems(SAS).Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Leadership: Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values:
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer - Customer Focus
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau), Supervisory experience
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
About Store No8
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth