Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Creative (CA) - Consumables, Walmart Connect Creative Team
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD850512
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Director, Creative – Consumables, Walmart Connect Creative Team
Partnering with the top brands in the world, the Creative team at Walmart Connect produces executions that are audience-led, insights-driven, measurable, on-brand, and ultimately lead to a memorable experience for the end-user. We care about the user experience and design creative solutions that will be useful and delightful for them while also delivering against brands’ objectives/KPIs.
The Director, Creative – Consumables will lead a talented team of art directors, designers and copywriters who excel at crafting compelling omni-channel creative ideas and producing beautiful assets that bring to life marketing strategy of brands. They will work closely with leadership within the Consumable SBU to understand business needs and how Creative Services can help drive business results.
The Director, Creative – Consumables will have an expanded role beyond leading the Consumables creative team. This person will be responsible for setting creative guidelines for the entire team, working with Walmart Marketing, product and other teams to build alignment during seasonal and consumer moments while advocating for the needs of suppliers.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker, a storyteller, builder and leader of a team of collaborative creative professionals and is able to craft a vision and strategy for the creative team that delivers towards the Food unit’s short and long term goals. This role is right for you if you are a creative + innovative thinker, have an ability to build and maintain strong business relationships, possess strong business acumen, effective time and project management skills, and the ability to mentor and coach others around them.
- Lead a team of creative professionals (Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Producers etc.) who will ideate and produce assets to fulfill top brands’ marketing strategy and objectives
- Understand the Consumables business to help forecast work for the team and work towards proactive problem solving for the business
- Partner with Omni marketing to create case-study worthy activations for top-tier suppliers
- Execute hundreds of creative campaigns a year at high quality, constantly pushing the team to up-level creative and design
- Stay abreast of category marketing efforts as well as competitive landscape
- Partner with creative agencies to scale work. Negotiate contracts/SLAs and oversee timely, on-budget and compliant deliverables
- Work closely with Creative Leads to build a collaborative and cohesive culture across the entire Creative team
- Lead and motivate, mentor/coach team members and assist them with their career development
Manager’s Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of creative experience in digital media and marketing at tech platforms or ad agencies or brands or media companies for web, mweb and apps
- Omnichannel, multi-brand retail industry experience is a great plus
- Experience leading a team of creative professionals and producers
- Passion for innovative products and solutions
- Mastered knowledge of design, typography, photography, layout principles and production process
- Solid understanding of current digital trends and media landscape
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), as well as Invision and Sketch. After Effects/Motion experience is a plus.
- Experience working with sales, product, marketing, operations and other cross-functional partners and ability to foster strong partnerships with them
- Solid organizational skills and detail-orientation. Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently in a very fast paced environment and ensuring that quality deliverables are achieved on time
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for Walmart, our values, our partners and products
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 7 years' experience leading creative teams OR 9 years' experience leading creative teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing Brand Initiatives for Product Launches, Managing Budgets, Including Budget Forecasting and Reporting Financials, Managing cross-functional teams in a retail creative environment, Managing large scale interactive campaigns in an online creative or related digital field, Managing Vendor Contracts and Relationships, Working for or with creative agencies
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth