Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Software Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD850497
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart Global Tech, we’re reinventing the world’s leading retail platform, leveraging our unique strengths to deliver the best customer experience wherever our customers shop. Imagine an environment where one line of code, one experiment, or one idea has the power to catapult an entire industry towards a smarter future. Better yet, imagine if that power could be yours, every day. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech.
While we are tech-empowered, we are people-led. We’re a team of 4,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers within Walmart and across the world, delivering innovations that transform how our customers shop and how our enterprise operates. Our technologists solve some of the most complex problems at Walmart, building solutions that impact hundreds of millions of people for the world’s largest retailer.
You will lead our Pharmacy and Vision Release and Test Environment Management (TEMS) Team. You will be working with multiple teams on our Connexus and BOSS applications to get these applications deployed to our Pharmacies and Vision Centers. You will be responsible for managing the release calendar, governance of package quality, eliminating manual processes, building and implementing the next generation strategy for Release Team. You will also have responsibility of managing our TEMS Team - as the leader of this team you will be responsible for ensuring our test environment are stable and ready for our Engineering Teams to test their software. You will be responsible for managing incidents and service requests - think Operations-Style Team except it's pre-production.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We're excited to see what you'll bring to our team.
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, Release Management, DevOPS )
- 5+ years of Application Support experience
- Experience troubleshooting, analysis, research, and resolution, conduct root cause analysis, and identify mitigations/risk
- Experience with triaging problems, coordinating with various teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management
- Ability to suggest, implement ideas for enhancing the customer experience and implement best practices for cost saving
- Flexible to work for extended hours and on weekends as needed to handle high priority issues
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns, and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings face-to-face and via remote-working tools
- Ability to deal with complex information, processes, and relationships to derive a simple solution
- Excellent spoken and written English complete with clear oral communication skills
- Experience in Change management and Incident management tools (ServiceNow, JIRA)
- Working experience in SDLC processes
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth