Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Specialty Compliance And Ethics, Global Sanctions Compliance, Program Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD846300
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Director, Global Sanctions Compliance, Program Management
Role Location: Bentonville (relocation only available to Bentonville, AR).
Consideration could be given for remote candidates - Within 90 miles of Dallas, TX and Charlotte, NC.
Join the Global Sanctions Compliance (GSC) as Director, Global Sanctions Compliance, Program Management at the No.1 Fortune 500 Company & world’s largest retailer. This is a key leadership role in the governance of Walmart’s world-class program based on OFAC’s five pillars (Management Commitment, Risk Assessment, Internal Controls, Testing and Auditing, Training). Walmart’s GSC team reports to the board appointed BSA/ OFAC Officer & the successful candidate will report to the Senior Director, Head of Global Sanctions Compliance and will play a significant role in the governance of the sanctions compliance program with building of a robust policy and procedure framework as a top priority.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining best-in-class Sanctions Compliance policies, procedures and practices, providing a mechanism for identifying key sanctions risks and how the mitigation of those risks would be monitored and measured through a control framework.
- Owning the enterprise sanctions compliance program, including reviewing and updating the policy and/or related standards/SOPs when necessary
- Monitoring adherence to Walmart’s Global Sanctions Policy, standards and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends
- Interacting with Senior Management to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program; supervises the preparation of materials for the Board or senior management/risk committees.
- Providing advice to the markets and businesses on an ongoing basis on new business initiatives, new products, business acquisitions, and related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags
- Leading and/or participating in GSC’s strategy Initiatives
- Overseeing specialized teams of compliance professionals responsible for the execution of key program activities
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a subject matter expert in Sanctions & Trade Compliance laws and regulations, including export and import compliance (OFAC, ITAR, EAR, etc)
- You have prior relevant leadership experience from regulatory agencies such OFAC, UN, BIS, DDTC or from the private sector (e.g. a multinational company, financial services company with global footprint, major e-commerce company, etc) or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- You have a minimum 9 years of specialized experience in sanctions and/or trade compliance (import and/or export) experience, at least 5 years of management experience
- Prior experience in the design and implementation of Sanctions Compliance Programs with demonstrable experience managing and/or oversight of some or all key program pillars like risk assessments, training program, internal controls, etc.
- You have prior exposure/ experience working and/or leading best-practice Restricted-Party List and/or sanctions screening teams and/or their Quality Assurance Programs.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders & ability to develop corrective action plans for resolution of identified issues
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across a very diverse business
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions (Compliance Testing, Internal Audit) and/or regulators. Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors will be a plus.
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
- Experience managing diverse compliance team and comfort navigating complex, highly matrixed organizations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging across teams and to senior leaders.
- Comfortable to navigate through rapid change and uncertainty and/or ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of other areas of the BSA/AML program and their nexus to sanctions compliance
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 5 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience. 4 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.CommunicationsMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth