Partner Manager, Home & Hardlines (Senior Manager I, Advertising Sales)
- Location CHICAGO, IL
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD846144
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Partner Manager, Home & Hardlines
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
As a Partner Manager of Home & Hardlines, you will report to the Home & Hardlines Team Lead and use your 7+ years of experience selling digital performance advertising solutions to businesses across categories including Home, Home/Kitchen Appliances, Home Décor, Home Improvement, Automotive, Sporting Goods and Office Supplies. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves and execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, and client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; and a passion for helping others achieve results.
- Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall team goals
- Ability to manage a high volume of accounts
- Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.)
- Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment influencing both executive and day-to-day contacts
- Implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Collaborate with partners to create learning agendas and help clients measure the impact of Walmart Connect’s solutions
- Serve as an industry thought leader in performance advertising to drive client success leveraging Walmart Connect’s ongoing product and technology developments.
- Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Walmart Connect marketing solutions
- Create and present needs-based solutions and high-quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years experience in digital sales, search/sponsored products, DR, performance advertising, full-funnel platform sales, PMP/automation background
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 5 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 8 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing client accounts, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising sales, search, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Primary Location...125 S CLARK STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60603-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental