Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Automation Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD845218
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This role is part of the Walmart Transportation Automation Engineering effort – identifying, developing, and making the automation of the future Walmart’s. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate and long-term results.
The Senior Manager I, Automation Engineer will lead initiatives working closely with cross-functional teams on various projects that deliver immediate and future operational strategies across Walmart’s Transportation Engineering efforts. These high impact positions will be primarily responsible for either supporting and addressing program management issues across multiple vendors OR be responsible for multiple projects focused on automation enablement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrated Project or Program Management experience focused on multiple automation projects in Transportation situations.
- Cross functional leadership opportunities, especially those situations where you must lead but not have direct authority.
- You will travel to execute the roll out of new projects or solutions in different Distribution or Fulfillment Centers.
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering, preferably Master of Engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Transportation Automation Engineering
- Proven experience identifying and providing automated engineering solutions that add to the organization’s improvement of Distribution Centers’ operations.
- Ability to travel as required by project demands – generally 25% to 35%
- Program Management role will require 3 years’ Project Management (rollouts) and 2+ years’ experience as a Program Manager
- The Project Manager will demonstrate project management experience in discovery of new applications and automation enablement
- Preferably this position will be located either In San Bruno, CA or Bentonville, AR. However, if a candidate is located within driving distance to a Walmart Distribution Center, that is acceptable.
- This is a hybrid position that will require your presence on site as needed by specific project demands.
- Sponsorship will be considered for well qualified candidates
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 5
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth