Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms Specialist (Temp Services Tn28 X0)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Temporary
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD845127
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Seeking an organized and motivated individual to work with a small team on alcohol, tobacco, and firearms compliance issues. This is a temporary, full-time position for a period of six months, with the potential for extension. At first, a majority of the work will be administrative and focus on helping teammates meet compliance and regulatory obligations, particularly in the areas of responding to requests from regulatory agencies. However, as the candidate becomes more comfortable and efficient in the role, there will be opportunities to expand responsibilities and learn about alcohol, tobacco, and firearms law and compliance.
You will make an impact by...
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities; evaluating incoming communications from regulatory agencies and internal stakeholders to determine need for escalation; and escalating urgent phone calls.
- Manages regulatory deadlines based on knowledge of Federal and state-specific requirements to allow response and lead time with agencies; resolving and escalating business disruptions and delays as directed; creating reporting tools to summarize compliance themes; analyzing and interpreting reports to determine root cause of deficiencies and regulatory risk trends; and manipulating and cataloging raw data into reports to meet business needs.
- Researches proposed regulatory issues by managing tools and resources required to obtain relevant information; working with third-party research and development studies on proposed policy and relevant provisions; working with internal and external stakeholders impacted by proposed policies or provisions; researching global regulatory trends; managing impact assessments of proposed policies or provisions; and evaluating research and predictive trends to provide recommendations to leadership.
- Assists in responding to compliance and ethics questions and issues by monitoring laws and regulations for specified area; researching laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; drafting and updating policies and standard operating procedures with input from leadership; collaborating with senior managers to communicate information to associates; monitoring compliance and ethics questions for potential gaps; and recommending and developing strategies for identified compliance and ethics gaps.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth