Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Director I, Finance, Ecomm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD844396
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Director I, Finance
At Walmart, we are growing our Revenue Organization through businesses like Walmart Connect, our media business which is taking retail media to the next level, and Data Ventures, our data commercialization business which aims to make customer data more actionable for our supplier partners. As the Sr Director, Revenue Finance, you are the strategic and operationally savvy finance leader for Walmart Connect and Data Ventures and partner to the leaders of these teams as well as the Chief Revenue Officer. Reporting to the Vice President, Customer and Revenue Finance, you will lead the team in accelerating the growth of these businesses as well as the day to day execution through actionable insights that influence both current and future performance. If you are a finance leader that excels in collaboration, thrives in ambiguity, and loves growing new businesses, this is the perfect role for you.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are curious and relentlessly ask questions
- You can manage the interconnectivities of business units
- You drive results with strong financial acumen and technical/analytical capabilities
- You’re familiar with digital/tech product finance or asset management
- You’re skilled at diplomacy and aligning stakeholders with competing priorities, including senior leaders
- You’re a story teller - a master at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals
- You have high standards and can hold business partners accountable
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing Strategic Financial Plans – Oversee development of both long-term strategic planning and short-term operational plans by partnering across the organization to establish targets and resources needs. Establishing and communicating information about financial targets; identifying and reporting risk levels determined for the overall financial plan; providing actionable insights
- Financial Decision Making – Leading high quality level of financial decision support to the organization; collaborate with leadership to plan and analyze business performance by identifying gaps between business goals/objectives & identifying areas of growth opportunity
- Project and Business Management – Presenting feedback to leadership regarding risks associated with financial projects and providing insight on relevant historical trends, expected future events, and market trends
- Communications and Presentations – Provides strategic input for business decisions by overseeing development of financial analysis/modeling incorporating assumptions, expectations, and known risks; preparing presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations
- Talent and Leadership – Active engagement in attracting and maintaining a highly skilled team; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, on-going development and succession planning, and leveraging capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 6 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 8 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience. 3 years’ experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Strategic Planning, Working in a large corporate environment, agency, or headquarters, Working in a matrixed organizationMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth