Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Specialty Compliance And Ethics H&W-2, Controlled Substance Compliance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD844121
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you’ll do:
Directs the consistency of compliance and ethics in area of responsibility by responding to compliance questions and issues; familiar with laws and regulations regarding controlled substances; ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures; drafting and updating policies and standard operating procedures with input from leadership; communicating information to associates; monitoring compliance and ethics questions for potential gaps; and recommending and developing strategies for identified compliance and ethics gaps.
Analyzing necessary data; creating reports on findings; communicating findings to senior leadership; and completing follow up with field and home office based on findings in reports. Conducts on-site pharmacy visits when deemed necessary and managing gap analysis studies to identify and react to future regulatory obligations.
Manages research on high-impact proposed regulatory issues to serve as a subject matter expert to the business; managing third-party research and development studies on proposed policy and relevant provisions; identifying internal and external stakeholders likely to be impacted by proposed policies or provisions ; researching global regulatory trends; leading impact assessments of proposed policies or provisions; and evaluating research and predictive trends to provide recommendations to leadership.
Develops recommendations for corporate positions on various overarching issues by reconciling research into refined message for review; managing the analysis, reconciliation, and summary of background research; formalizing statements in response to issues and concerns; and presenting impact analyses to leadership.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive compliance program – Support the development and implementation of the Controlled Substance compliance program structure and foundation, with specific emphasis on supporting the optometry service line.
- Establishing a roadmap for future enhancement – Assist in the identification of short- and long-term compliance program initiatives, demonstrating the ability to prioritize immediate needs and plan for ongoing enhancement and evolution of the program over time.
- Building effective relationships – Establish relationships with key stakeholders and effectively integrate with other business units so as to secure compliance as the most trusted support function.
- Supporting enterprise and team success – Facilitate timely identification of compliance risks and implementation of effective mitigation strategies to enable successful implementation of business initiatives.
- Operating with excellence – Identify KPIs and KRIs that measure and monitor potential risk areas and facilitate the implementation of effective tools to assess those indicators.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a subject matter expert in healthcare compliance concepts, with interest in applying this expertise
- You have significant experience and familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements, including, federal and state controlled substance regulations, billing requirements, etc.
- You’re process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams within a corporate environment
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 4 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth