Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Data Analyst (Transportation Productivity)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD840188
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the success of our Transportation Network! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It is not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
Our team is responsible for transportation productivity and long-range planning. Some of the questions we answer are:
- What should Walmart Transportation look like 3-5 years from now?
- How should Walmart Transportation enable the productivity loop so our customers can save money and live better?
- How should we position our Private Fleet to better enable omni-channel growth, provide reliable service, and be a competitive advantage for Walmart?
- How should we invest in and deploy capacity, assets, infrastructure, and real estate to enable 3-5 strategic plans?
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role, with the world’s largest retailer, could be the fit you have been looking for. Do you possess any of the following skills and experience?
- Data analytics and visualization. Experience in SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, PowerBI is a plus!
- Collaborative, cross-functional leadership and influence
- Workforce, asset, and/or real estate planning
- Analytical aptitude: ability to look at data and tell a story
- Project management
- Intellectual curiosity that leads to process and business improvement
- Desire to drive value and embrace Walmart’s unique culture
You’ll Make an impact through the following job functions:
- Advanced Analytics: In-depth investigation of key drivers of transportation dynamic optimization and data quality. Work with large, disparate datasets to measure business KPIs and to conduct strategic analyses to inform critical business decisions. Develop data visualization to monitor and quantify the impact of changes and unique business challenges and use data to influence strategic decision making.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Engage with team members and cross-functional partners on a consistent basis and establish credibility and influence change. Drive process optimization and collaboration across the organization. Analyze stakeholder needs and partner with them to share relevant information.
- Planning: Translate strategic initiatives and cost goals into monthly long-range plans. Connect disparate impacts into a single, comprehensive business plan that enables long-term goals. Incorporate various inputs to effectively plan workload, capacity, asset, infrastructure, and real estate needs.
- Continuous Improvement: Analyze and improve processes by leveraging lean, six sigma, and zero-loss principles. Identify opportunities to positively impact cost and growth plans, and influence incorporation into long-range plans.
- You understand transportation or supply chain, whether in a Retail ecommerce environment or similar industry
- You think strategically and identify the key metrics and initiatives needed to drive change within an organization
- You quickly translate strategic, conceptual ideas into clear action plans, roadmaps, and timelines
- You communicate well, are collaborative, and influence others to buy-in
- You are a problem solver and creative thinker: you think about finding the best solution that will work in days, instead of the perfect one that requires weeks
- You learn and adapt quickly, and are excellent at working on multiple cross-functional projects concurrently
- You have excellent data mining, analysis, and visualization skills
- You are customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You are passionate about delivering high quality work that minimizes cost and/or enables growth for Walmart Supply Chain
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years'
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics,
Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science,
statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth