Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Project Manager I-1
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD839161
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We’re looking for someone with…
- A desire to collaborate across the organization to help business owners successfully launch projects and processes in stores.
- An eye for store operations to ensure the timing of projects is achievable in a fast paced environment
- Strategic planning experience to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- A strong attention to detail, communication skills, planning and follow-up.
You’ll hit the ground running if you…
- Drive prioritization and alignment with key stakeholders.
- Have a clear understanding and practical application in partnering with business owners.
- Are able to influence project timing by making data driven recommendations to support multiple projects.
- Will promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Develops and leads multiple cross-functional projects by anticipating and understanding current process and value gaps; benchmarking industry best practices; utilizing multiple methodologies to leverage data in order to inform business decisions; ensuring data accuracy and credibility; managing efforts to support sustainable best practices and complex, organization-wide projects; managing expectations of program and project leadership; and adjusting approaches in response to changing business demands.
Manages current and forecasted projects by developing, prioritizing, and coordinating project work plans; supporting the review and selection of proposed projects; ensuring project objectives are aligned with overall program goals; forecasting and managing internal project resources; monitoring project milestones, expenditures, and costs against project schedules and budgets; tracking projects and communicating status to key stakeholders; overseeing the management project documentation; and acting as focal contact for project requests.
Influences change processes by making data driven recommendations to support multiple projects; persuading and educating cross-functional teams or associates on new or enhanced business processes and building relationships with senior leadership to ensure the ongoing alignment of change initiatives with current and future business needs.
Drives informed decision making for large cross-functional projects by collaborating with cross-functional project teams and leadership to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project or program; identifying potential risks of programs or projects and developing strategies to mitigate those risks; prioritizing and ensuring resolution of critical issues; developing communication plan frameworks; overseeing the creation of communication plans; and educating sponsors, stakeholders, and executive leadership on project requirements.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or related field and 3 years' experience in business, operations, analytics, or related
area OR 5 years' experience in business, operations, analytics, or related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
2 years’ project management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing small or medium scale change initiativesMasters: Business Administration, Masters: EconomicsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"My favorite part of the day is talking with my team while drinking coffee and eating a donut."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth