Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Designer - Sam's Club
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD831545
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Sam’s Club, we’re committed to being the membership you love the most.
The Sam's Club Experience Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates—from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences and associate-facing tools.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of members and associates. To do this, you’ll need to think visually –using techniques like storyboards and sketching –to communicate design concepts. You’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing, etc), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver compelling designs.
How you’ll spend your days:
- Create business, consumer, and associate product experiences
- Work autonomously but seek out and welcome feedback from senior designers and managers
- Think holistically – about the people using our products, a cohesive design system, and end to end experiences
- Make design decisions based on good judgment, solid research and data
Why you’re a great fit:
- You’re probably stronger on one side than the other, but you have a blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for detail
- When you look at Samsclub.com, you see multiple easy ways make the experience more beautiful and delightful for our customer and you're excited to tell us about them
- You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments
- You express your design point of view and openly advocate for another team member’s design
- You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs
Skills you’ll have:
- The ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can communicate design rationale
- Track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows and dynamic, engaging interfaces
- Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (typography, color, space, contrast)
- The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent website
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes and multi-task across different projects
- Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research
Bonus points for:
- Complimentary skills in your Product Designer arsenal: prototyping (with Flinto, Framer, Marvel, Principle or similar), user research, motion design, illustration
- Experience designing compelling experiences for large, customer-facing properties
Bachelor Degree and 2 years of design experience OR Master’s Degree and 1 year of design experience OR 4 years of design experience
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, associate discounts, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth