Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Designer - Sam's Club
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD831400
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Sam’s Club, we’re all about expecting something special!
The Sam’s Club UX Design team crafts compelling experiences wherever we meet our members and associates – from our clubs, to their businesses, and to their homes. We creatively deliver impact for the web, apps, in-club experiences, and associate-facing tools. We transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs.
Senior Product Designer
As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of members and associates. and deliver pixel-perfect designs.
How you’ll spend your days
- Lead in the creation of member and associate product experiences
- Use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other designers, architects, researchers, product managers and engineers.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Think holistically – about the people using our products, a cohesive design system, and end-to-end experiences.
- Solve complex problems and work with others with the same passion, to collaborate and merge solutions into a larger structure and create a cohesive design ecosystem.
- Mentor other team members on best practices.
Why you’re a great fit
- You have a solid blend of interaction and visual design skills and an eye for pixel-perfect detail.
- You can craft experiences for any channel or platform, with a passion for building in the mobile space.
- You have a constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and development.
- You’re a creative problem solver who leans into collaboration to create delightful experiences.
- You thrive on collaboration – be it with other designers, business partners, product owners or engineering.
- You have an impressive product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and business needs.
- You’re a systems thinker with the ability to communicate concepts to audiences of all levels of understanding.
- You have excellent time management skills and ability to adapt to ever-changing priorities of the business. Work quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of attention details.
- You have excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- You gather feedback judiciously but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years designing digital experiences, demonstrating increasing levels of mastery of your craft.
- 4 years of experience gathering business requirements, site assessments, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
- 4 years of experience partnering with cross-functional teams to launch new products and improve existing product features.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great benefits include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, associate discounts and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
Primary Location...950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth