Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Operations - eCommerce Returns
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD821102
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
About the Job
The Sam’s Club eCommerce Returns Operations team manages all ecommerce returns, both physical and financial inventory dispositioning. This includes a heavy emphasis in data analysis and forecasting, transportation management and planning, managing, and tracking inventory, on hand returns inventory management and financial dispositioning, some budget modeling and P&L accountability along with all responsibility for operational KPIs, metrics and measurables. In this role, you will work cross functionally with fulfillment, product, finance, analytics, and carriers to drive operational efficiency. You will also identify, own and drive long term initiatives that will bring step improvements to our key metrics around Cost, Service, Quality and member experience.
- Manages one or more work streams for the operations organization by designing project plans ; organizing project timelines and deliverables; facilitating meetings involving stakeholder teams to analyze, plan, and implement project initiatives; recommending appropriate operational processes ; developing and managing project requests and timelines by establishing project requirements; communicating project status, details, timelines, and available resources; planning and executing resource allocation; finalizing, approving, and delivering projects; taking corrective action as necessary to drive project results; communicating project plans and deliverables to key stakeholders ; identifying root causes and developing potential solutions for initiatives; and making recommendations based on data and observation .
- Provides decision support by sourcing, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting data and information ; providing influence and insight on current and future business trends; conducting analyses of initiatives to understand and communicate trends; translating data analysis into recommendations aligned with business objectives; and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop processes and strategies that help meet business goals.
- Manages the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders including carriers; developing new innovations and tools for site selection and continuously improving selection methodology; leveraging best practices from cross-functional partners to streamline and improve processes; analyzing and interpreting information for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; developing creative solutions within business areas to reduce costs and meet business goals; ensuring data accuracy; using knowledge and experience of the business to determine what activities must be done by serving as subject matter expert; developing and implementing scorecards and other tracking mechanisms; creating new innovations for store activation; collaborating with and influencing operations and other internal partners in support of strategies; and driving execution to meet metrics through customer service and platform development .
- Manages activities and projects that generate revenue, offset operational expenses, mitigate loss, and allocate or influence budget spending by researching and integrating information and data; applying business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities; analyzing and interpreting information by using various analytical methodologies for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; developing creative solutions within business areas that reduce costs and meet business goals; using judgment to prioritize assignments; and ensuring data accuracy .
- Master’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Analytics, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in Reverse Logistics or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in People leadership and management
- Ecommerce or Omni channel experience / mindset
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain management / Supply chain background
- Operational execution experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience to have used product / technology as enabler
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail and an ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Skilled in SQL or other data querying languages
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Diversity & Inclusion
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 2 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesMasters: EconomicsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-0000, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth