Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III - Workday
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD808759
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
On the People Technology team at Walmart Global Tech, we provide solutions to our business customers to help our organization support the millions of Associates at Walmart. By being a partner with the Global People community, we strive to understand the People business needs of today and tomorrow, bringing technology innovation, growth and expansion while maintaining the People technology suite.
We are looking for a Software Engineer III - Workday to join our Workday Transform team with specialization and experience in Advanced Compensation configuration.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you...
- Participate in medium to large scale, complex projects within the Workday functional configuration team supporting design, solutioning, configuration, reporting, and migration of Advanced Compensation functionality to align with project requirements
- Utilize your knowledge, experience, and engineering acumen to solve problems at scale and generate high customer impact
- Communicate status and issues to team members, stakeholders and leadership and collaborate with project and cross functional teams
- Troubleshoot issues and enhance the design to prevent occurrences of defects
- Provide guidance and direction to the entire Workday functional team working on projects or enhancements
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs and supporting objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities
- Address high-priority initiatives by identifying short- and long-term solutions and leading cross-functional partnership
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives
You’ll make an impact by:
- Being an innovation thought leader to utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart's People technology environment by analyzing best practices
- Researching and influencing future solutions for fit with internal business requirements
- Developing innovative strategies, processes, and best practices by leading functional teams and partnering with cross-functional teams across the business
- Driving technical processes, best practices, performance, productivity, and operational excellence
- Communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization
- Performing root cause analysis and advising of any process or procedural changes necessary to avoid future occurrence of issues
- Providing leadership to the Workday Functional team to come up with high level design by partnering with project management, business, and user experience teams
- Implementing new feature capability by driving proof-of-concept and implementing prototypes to validate ideas across cross-functional areas
- Championing data security to verify cross application security policies are in place and followed
Preferred Qualifications: (in addition to existing min/preferred qualifications)
- 1+ years of experience in Workday functional configuration in one or more of the following modules: Preferred (Advanced Compensation), as well as other experience in Recruiting, Core Compensation, HCM, Talent and Performance, Time Tracking & Absence
- Workday Partner Certification/Client Pro Certification and/or an advanced certification
Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies);researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity;interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management,project management, business, and user experience teams.Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth