Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Analyst I, Business Support, eComm - Boys Assistant Designer
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area Administrative and Support Services
- Job Function Administrative and Support Services
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD806441
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Free Assembly is a new brand rooted in modern American wardrobe staples at affordable prices and sustainably made. We are dedicated to serving the true range of Modern America, creating a better wardrobe foundation that works for every walk of life. We are rewriting the rules of American essentials.
What you’ll do…
- Assists and supports Senior Designer in development and innovation of ideas and trends
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends
- Assists in product development at all stages under guidance of Senior Designer.
- Assists the Senior Designer in sketching & developing to the product category he / she is assigned to.
- Creates flat technical Illustrator sketches for Design development tech packs.
- Creates Design development tech pack components accurately. Modifies and updates information as necessary throughout development cycle.
- Participate and attend all fittings until approved fit. Take detailed notes and follow up as needed.
- Organizes and updates Design sketch boards for use and reference at all times.
- Maintain all current design information: color, prints, trims, reference tears, ect.
- Help maintain organizational support. Document and preserve all illustrations, design layouts, and design development information for future reference.
- Prepare line and presentation materials for weekly and milestone meetings: line sheets, print boards, fabric boards, sketch boards, research boards, and garment samples.
- Provide support to Sr. Designer during design-driven meetings—take accurate notes, help dress model, provide tech pack details as needed
- Communicate(s) on daily basis with cross-functional teams & overseas offices to assist in workload and deliverables.
- Work with greater design team in other categories to support larger design direction goals & objectives.
- Adheres to seasonal time and action calendar to meet all deliverables
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Art or Apparel Design
- Experience: 1+ years
- Excellent design and sketching skills. Strong fashion and creative ability. Keen trend awareness.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate next.
- Ability to work well with multiple team members: Positive Team player attitude.
- Sense of accountability and strong work ethic.
- Punctuality & dependable attendance.
- Proficiency in: WebPDM/PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design
- Value creativity, teamwork and positive energy
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in a balanced life
- Care deeply about the high quality of design and product we associate our label with
- Are excited to hear from you
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, Computer Science, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in operations, retail, project
management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Walmart Home OfficeMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...45 W. 25TH STREET FLOOR 5, NEW YORK, NY 10010-2003, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth