Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Data Analyst - Insights Partner
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD806096
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
A key FY22 Talent goal is to “cultivate an insights-driven Talent organization, enabling strategic talent decisions”. This will be realized when delivery is based on the evaluation of the strategic needs of our business against our talent strategy and practices, in order to provide tailored, meaningful insights that are strategically embedded into our processes and ways of working. The objective is to ensure that the right data is available at the right time, so that stakeholders can make data enabled decisions with confidence. As a result, we as an organization will drive better talent and business outcomes today, as well as for the future. In a market were digital evolution is a theme and competition for key talent is strong, a data driven talent culture is critical.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Talent data and insight strategic objectives, delivery and education for the functional teams and businesses that you support. You will be responsible for elevating our delivery by proactively anticipating the needs of our stakeholders to deliver embedded insights. By building the right roadmap, you will enable your Talent partners to become strategic advisors with the ability to directly impact business results.
- Each Data Ops & Insights Partner will be responsible for elevating our delivery by proactively anticipating the needs of our stakeholders to deliver embedded insights that reduce the effort required to find, interpret, and use them. To do this, they will identify priorities and roadmap specific to the business that they support, determined through evaluation of our business strategy, the talent outcomes that we are driving towards it, and delivery of the right insights that will support achieving those outcomes. This will include incorporation of the necessary multiple internal data sources, as well as broadening the source of our inputs to include external data such as competitive intelligence and other market insights.
- By executing on their business roadmap, the Partner will enable their Talent team to become strategic advisors with the ability to directly impact business results. By the end of the year, their goal will be to have evolved a data driven talent culture, demonstrated by the successful integration of insights at the foundation of selected key talent and business decision and measured by KPIs grounded in our Talent experience and outcomes
- The Partner will be embedded within the TA and business and expected to build deep domain expertise to apply, regularly engaging directly with the business, giving presentation and creating tools to influence decisions
- The Partner will be responsible for driving decisions related to millions of dollars in spend associated with headcount allocation, brand resources, marketing campaigns, event participation, technology requirements/investment and sourcing strategy (amount specific to alignment)
- The Partner must be forward thinking and anticipate our customer needs by accounting for factors that influence talent decisions such as changes in the business structure/strategy, trends in the external markets, new technology/capability, competitor analysis/changes and shifts in internal strategy like internal mobility
- As we enter this year, we can provide advanced analytics through descriptive and operational reporting with diagnostic analysis. Through the foundation we’ve laid with automation, historical data availability and the incorporation of market data, we are positioned to provide insight into current and future talent risks and opportunities, with emphasis on the likely outcomes and influences for our strategy and expect to be translating this to actionable guidance by Q3, assuming development of this new team
The three primary offering types that the Partners will deliver are Consultancy, Analysis & Insights, Self-Serve Tools:
- Proactively identifying data and insight needs for strategy development and advising on development, execution and improvement of overall Talent strategy to meet business needs
- Development of analysis and insight plan aligned to overall talent strategy in order to effectively inform and measure execution and effectiveness with regular alignment of forecast to actuals and updates based on influences, dynamic for ongoing decisions
- Support aligned Talent Partners and Delivery leaders by providing relevant insights, and proactively highlighting wins, opportunities and risks with informed recommendations, identify performance standards and measure against them
- Construct clear narrative and comms plan to inform decisions and directly or indirectly navigate related conversations with business and other critical stakeholders and presenting at key meetings
- Apply domain expertise in business area (this includes complexities for that particular function related to hierarchy, cost centers, business rules, skills, org change, etc.), our internal data ecosystem (source, reliability), as well as inputs such as market insights and cross-functional data (this includes D and I, Campus, Military, Marketing, Sourcing, Executive, etc.) to deliver robust and reliable insights
- As a partner embedded in the functional delivery team, building relationships within the team and business is critical
Analysis and Insights
- Responsible for the delivery of complex analysis and insights supporting the strategic initiatives as well as providing input on actionable insights stemming from the below:
- Analytics related to ongoing strategy management and special/reoccurring project/initiative tracking
- Root Cause/ROI Analysis (reporting to discover outcomes, drivers and influences). Develop and test hypothesis
- Talent & Recruitment studies (internal and external insights to drive strategic change)
- Incorporation of diversity insights and data from pillars that run across model
- Performance analysis against strategy, for internal use at team and recruiter level
- Quarterly business reviews
- Financial – cost per hire, with inputs specific to functional area, efficiencies
- Global Resource Model – capacity planning, weighting based on functional complexities
- Developing scalable and repeatable suite of tools that meet business needs as well as consistency alignment across other functional groups to maximize efficiency and supplement delivery below partner level
- Soliciting and incorporating customer feedback for continuous improvement and drive adoption
- Translate requirements for tech teams into actional technical requirements with applicable knowledge of relevant data sets
- Influence leaders on how they can best leverage the available insights and build muscle throughout the team
- Accountable for adoption and training on new capabilities or products
- Drive governance efforts which may include business process improvements to improve data outcomes as well as managing accountability and measuring progress against it through compliance reporting and other means
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 2 years'
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics,
Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Option 3: 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science,
statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth