Senior Manager II, Data Science
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD801823
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager, Data Science
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Machine Learning Scientists and Engineers working on solving sophisticated and high impact problems within Walmart Transportation products and Operations Research Areas (Truck routing, truck load building, driver dispatchment). We use cutting edge machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, data mining and optimization algorithms. In this role you will be leading team of Data scientists and Optimization / Operations Research Associates and lead the work on building the next generation Transportation System that caters to the rapidly growing Walmart Plus and First and Middle Miles.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working with product managers and business teams to understand the business problems, formulate data driven and ML based solutions by utilizing Past experience in Truck routing, truck load building, driver dispatchment
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise in Data Science, Operations Research, Optimization etc. and apply that towards development, experimentation, and improvement in the Algorithms powering Walmart First and Middle Mile.
- Managing a team of Scientists and Operations Research associates in the team on technical aspects of ongoing projects and initiate future projects.
- Staying current on published data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques competing technologies and sharing these findings with scientists and engineers in the organization.
- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations, and service to the research community.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re experienced in solving large scale combinatorial optimization problems such as Vehicle Routing Problem (VRP)
- You have experience of using meta-heuristics such as Simulated Annealing, Tabu Search, Ant Colony etc.
- You have strong hands-on development experience in coding with OO language like Java, C++
- You have expertise in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing large volumes of data using distributed computing platforms.
- You have strong experience in Optimization / Operations Research
- You have a Ph.D. with 5+ years of experience, or a master’s degree with 7+ years of experience, in a computational science discipline with an emphasis on Machine Learning or Data Mining.
- You’re experienced with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts.
- You have an excellent industrial or academic track record of proposing, conducting, and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 7 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental