Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Pricing (CA)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD799165
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Every Day Low Prices (EDLP) is the cornerstone of our business and our focus on prices has never been stronger. We are looking for an entrepreneurial problem solver who enjoys sourcing and executing solutions. Be a part of an innovative team that is developing pricing strategies, building industry analytics and implement their recommendations at a scale that only Walmart can.
What You’ll be doing: Focus on improving Walmart’s leadership position in pricing by delivering actionable insights across your business unit.
- Apply Business Acumen: Ability to disaggregate and translate complex business issues into actionable projects. Take initiative to identify and solve problems while comfortable providing recommendations to your cross functional partners.
- Execute Strategic Pricing Initiatives: Execute pricing strategies designed by you and your team based on deep understanding of how pricing is connected to the business goals and what competitive pressures are affecting the market.
- Collaborate with Merchants: Partner with the business functions, creating actionable insights for merchants and buyers, based off your industry expertise, pricing strategies and data tests.
- Data Source Identification: Proactively explore datasets, representing your industry group, and working with cross functional product teams to identify and test the suitable sources of data.
- Data Processing & Quality Management: Uses tools such as SQL Server, Teradata, Google Cloud Platform, Tableau, and Alteryx to wrangle data as needed. Test and validate data quality and applicability to the business.
- Data Visualization & Storytelling: Generate appropriate graphical representations of data. Seeks constant improvement and education around how merchants perceive data and use it to make decisions.
- Excellent People Skills: Ability to cultivate relationships up, down and across the organizational chain. Collaborate with both internal and external teams to achieve company goals. Demonstrate quick and effective problem-solving skills, and strong work ethics.
- Develop retail pricing strategies of low to moderate complexity based on volume, product lines, competition, or category penetration for assigned categories
- Utilize Walmart pricing systems to develop, improve, or modify strategy to maximize profit margin; ensuring strategies meet category and company objectives; and recommending promotion pricing strategies.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by training, mentoring, assigning duties, and providing recognition.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelors Degree in the fields of economics, accounting, finance, business, mathematics, statistics, ecommerce, entrepreneurship or related field
- 3 -5 years experience in consulting, investment banking, data science, merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, ecommerce, statistics, startup or related field
- Experience in data analysis, statistics, or a related field
- Entrepreneurial spirit - must be a self-starter with an innovative mindset
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to structure a problem, disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid understanding of financial, economic and general business concepts and terminology
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication and cross functional relationship management Skills
- Professional attitude, team player, work standards and service orientation
- Understanding of SQL, Python, R, or Alteryx languages
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, there is added benefit in opportunities to be an entrepreneur where you’ll become the industry expert and identify areas of margin and pricing improvements for sales volume that surpasses some Fortune 1000 companies. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. We also have a reputation for being a great place to work that offers career advancement, a challenging working environment, opportunities for personal development and job security.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Marketing, or related field and 2 years’ experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, marketing, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in merchandising, retail pricing, sourcing, operations management, finance, marketing, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master's degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Marketing, or related field, Retail Link, Using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it’s just part of the culture."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth