Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Finance - Risk & Benefits
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD786784
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you interested in helping drive best-in-class performance management and analytics for an important Finance function at the company at the top of the Fortune 500? Are you looking for a role that will challenge you to develop business acumen, leadership skills, partnership with executive level business process owners and collaborate with Finance teams in all of the company’s segments? Are you looking to help drive impact via high-quality analytics, forecasting and measurement of important strategic initiatives?
The role is responsible for enabling Walmart’s Risk Management function and its leadership team to effectively monitor, analyze, and make data-driven decisions on their business. This is a great opportunity for a professional with a combination of Business/Finance Acumen and Technical Skills to lead all aspects of financial planning and analysis, plus to exercise professional judgment and make recommendations to leaders in the Risk Management/Treasury and Legal spaces. We are looking for an experienced Finance Business Partner who has a proven record of successfully developing financial models, working with large data sets, exercising judgment about expected outcomes, developing annual plans and forecast and communicating “the what,” the “so what?” and the “now what?” in an area of our business with annual spend of $1.5B. A successful candidate will be able to perform detailed analysis of the future cost of claims at maturity, identify opportunities to improve the financial results in our Risk Management function, partner with the business to develop cross-functional mitigation strategies and recommend financial valuation decisions to senior Finance leaders that have a material impact to the company’s operating results. We are looking for a self-starter with a strong drive for making the complex simple, partnering with our business process owners and collaborating with Finance partners across our operating and corporate segments to manage our costs and deliver positive future outcomes.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Partnering with senior-level business owners in Risk Management and Legal to help ensure they have the insights necessary to address issues and ensure optimal financial outcomes
- Perform detailed analysis on a portfolio of self-insured claims, and recommend adjustments to a liability reserve to ensure appropriate financial valuation
- Partner with Risk Management and Legal leaders to bring attention to cohorts of the loss portfolio where more attention and course corrections or strategic adjustments are needed
- Identify how changes to our retail business model and the integration of ecommerce technology changes the company’s risk profile and bring attention to new/emerging areas of risk
- Monitor key “watch list” items that could affect future financial performance if not addressed and mitigated
- Develop forward-looking long-range financial guidance regarding the future cost and financial impact to the operating segments
- Develop detailed, cost center-specific budgets
- Quarterly, reviewing the existing liability reserve and recommending adjustments to the financial statements to ensure the reserve is appropriately valued
- Partner and collaborate with FP&A teams in Walmart US, Sam’s Club and the Corporate segments to develop and communicate accurate and reliable annual financial plans and monthly forecasts
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS in Finance, Mathematics/Data Analysis, Actuarial Sciences, Economics, or other technical/quantitative business disciplines
- At least 5+ years of previous experience as a Financial Analyst, Finance business partner or other similar experience working with and analyzing Financial Data
- Experience with developing BI solutions leveraging Power BI, PowerPivot or Excel, and/or other technologies
- A great attitude, and a desire to excel and grow both personally and professionally
- A deep desire to partner with and learn from business partners, and enable best in class business performance and financial outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced/changing environment
- Excellent communication skills: develop proficiency in a technical/specialized space, but be able to communicate important insights and takeaways to non-technical senior leaders
- Able to handle multiple stakeholders, workstreams and prioritize as needed
You will sweep us off our feet if…
- Complex data modeling and/or actuarial analytical experience, where you must apply professional judgment to model outcomes and communicate results to leaders
- Proven work experience on different data modeling techniques for General Liability and Workers Compensation losses
- Good experience working with technically specialized business process owners, but collaborating with non-technical partners in Finance/Controllership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across variety of stakeholders, ability to negotiate with and influence others
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area.
1 year’s experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Analyzing data and interpreting results, Microsoft Office, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organizationMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth