Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Youth Activity Representative - Walton Life Fitness Center
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Customer Service and Call Center
- Job Function Customer Service and Call Center
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD782597
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Shift Options Include:
Morning Shift: Monday-Friday 8 am -12:30 pm and rotating Saturdays 8 am-12:30 pm
Evening Shift: Monday-Thursday 4pm-8pm and Saturdays 8 am-12:30 pm
- Responsible for care and safety of children in the Youth Activity Center (YAC) by providing child supervision; planning and conducting age appropriate activities; using judgment when choosing appropriate discipline for situations; identifying and resolving potential safety issues; ensuring security by verifying child is picked up by proper parent or guardian, and communicating with parents regarding policies, procedures, discipline issues, and child's overall stay.
- Performs administrative functions by registering new members to the YAC including updating parent/guardian information, emergency contact numbers, and executing liability waiver; assists members with checking children in and out of the Youth Activity Center to capture attendance data and ensure safety compliance; accepting payments; balancing cash drawer; and researching and planning age appropriate group activities to keep children engaged and active while attending the YAC.
- Monitors classroom numbers to ensure compliance to fire code for each classroom; leads emergency evacuation process in YAC, including regular drills to practices evacuations; Provides a safe environment for children by interacting with assigned children in a compassionate, positive, and engaging manner; Provides hygiene care (for example, diaper changes); Contributes to cleaning by sanitizing bathrooms; and organizing, vacuuming, dusting, and sanitizing classroom areas.
- Serves members as they enter the WLFC by greeting members; ensuring current membership; verifying members sign in; accepting guest payments; answering telephone calls; scheduling racquetball and tennis courts; handing out equipment (for example, basketballs, towels); answering basic member questions; referring members to management when necessary; assisting members with registration for classes; taking class and retail payments while utilizing the cash register functions; and providing class information.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: 1 year experience in child care or related field. 1 year experience in a face-to-face customer service role, including troubleshooting customer problems or issues and using point of sale software or cash registers.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Health Care & Social Assistance - CPR Child/Infant - Certification
Primary Location...1701 SE 14TH STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-0001, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth