Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Asset Protection Operations Lead
- Location BARTLETT, TN
- Career Area Asset Protection
- Job Function Asset Protection
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD781791
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Monitors and evaluates inventory flow processes for multiple facilities; utilizing data, customer feedback, and store tours to develop strategies to improve inventory flow; aligning with the Market Manager and store leadership to ensure stores implement training for continuous improvement of inventory levels; partnering with supply chain to ensure feedback is provided to associates on store inventory flow and load standards.
- Leverages data to assist the Market Manager with store assortment changes; leading the strategy for the management of deleted inventory and the execution of facility clearance plans; utilizing data to ensure stores avoid excessive inventory actions that impact the integrity of inventory flow;monitoring customer value program execution and assisting the Market Manager with improvement plan implementation within stores of opportunity.
- Drives the proper execution of cost inventory processes across multiple facilities by reviewing the results and ensuring exceptions are addressed;ensuring facilities deliver cost inventory results aligned to targets; driving the execution of the annual inventory process through the implementation of the market level strategy; and partnering with the Market Manager to ensure facilities deliver shrink results aligned to targets.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with business leaders to ensure the asset protection (AP) function meets business needs by advising operational partners (for example, market level leadership, store management) on AP solutions, policies, and procedures; incorporating information into operations AP strategy and initiatives; providing consultation and recommendations on how to address AP concerns and mitigate risks; creating plans and processes that directly address business unit AP gaps; and providing guidance to the AP team and associates in order to ensure consistency across the market.
- Drives AP financial results across facilities by evaluating programs and adapting them to store and market specific needs; executing and managing AP plans and practices; analyzing AP trends and metrics; communicating and enforcing company policies and procedures related to AP (for example,workplace safety, fire protection); assisting in the administration of AP training within facilities; conducting regular store tours and audits to ensure AP metrics, programs, and measures are in place and being executed; and ensuring the execution of company programs associated with AP.
- Ensures facilities in the business area are prepared for crises by building and sustaining collaborative relationships and alliances with government and non-governmental agencies; representing the company to the media at the store level for AP related events; informing managers of various potential crisis situations and the appropriate responses; advising managers on emergency procedures and contingency plans; identifying the need for event management plans; and approving and ensuring execution of event management plans for key events.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing corrective actions for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Business, or related field and 1 year's managerial experience supervising, evaluating,
mentoring, and developing associates, managing associate workload, and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 2 years'
managerial experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates, managing associate workload, and participating in the hiring
and promotion of associates
Valid state-issued driver's license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Asset Protection, Inventory Control, or Safety, Certification in an asset protection related field (for example, Loss Prevention Qualified, Loss Prevention Certified)
Primary Location...6520 MEMPHIS ARLINGTON RD, BARTLETT, TN 38135-2402, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth