Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Software Engineering
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD775585
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
About the team:
As part of Walmart's Content-to-Commerce team, you will be building highly scalable and reliable APIs, data-pipelines, services, and applications which will drive the next generation of affiliates, open-API, and social commerce experiences. You’ll independently handle high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues, troubleshoot business and production issues. As a member of this fast-moving and highly entrepreneurial team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to innovation and development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Bachelor's Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) and 15+ years of experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases, operating
- systems, etc.
- Expertise in Java, Scala, Object Oriented & Functional Programming, Design Patterns
- Experience in coding and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed eco-system with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP
- Expertise in Apache Hadoop, Map-reduce, Apache Spark, and in messaging Systems as Kafka
- In depth knowledge of No-SQL and RDBMS technologies.
- Strong expertise in designing and building scalable APIs & cloud native microservices.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Design & develop highly scalable services and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Gain exposure to various emerging technologies used in Marketing and E-commerce platforms.
- Provide technical direction, architecture leadership and expertise to the team.
- Lead by example. Show your chops as an exceptional and experienced developer.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
- Participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project, product and business requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirement); designing robust and scalable architectures; writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery;
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Primary Location...600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth