Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Business Development (Account Management) - Walmart Data Ventures
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD774975
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Data Ventures is focused on productizing Walmart’s rich data assets to better serve customers. Luminate is a suite of data products that deliver actionable, customer-centric insights to help merchants and brands make better business decisions.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Manager II to help drive business growth by developing and maintaining multiple internal and external business relationships with supplier subscribers of Walmart Luminate and Walmart Merchants and cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate will be someone that can understand and manage mutual value propositions, risks, and benefits, while supporting engagement and dialogue with stakeholders to mitigate risks, resolve issues, and realize value proposition and subsequent business objectives with Walmart Luminate.
This individual must have the ability to get things done through influencing and persuading people across a wide range of teams within Walmart and with external counterparties.
We are looking for someone with a passion for leveraging data to identify insights that can positively impact Walmart customer experience, supplier / brand performance to drive customer and category growth through tactics and strategies across omni channels.
You’ll be successful in this leadership role if:
- Have a track record of managing supplier and retailer relationships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes through data / insights services, SaaS, or other B2B engagements.
- You approach all responsibilities required to develop and maintain a B2B partnership including managing project within Walmart’s organization (Product, Merchandising, Operations Insights, legal, corporate communications, WMC etc.)
- You drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs
- You are customer focused with an ability to understand, communicate and manage mutual value propositions, risks, and benefits
- You are comfortable being a client ambassador internally and a Walmart ambassador to partners / clients to strike compromises and unblock forward progress.
- You are a strategic thinker, can look at the long term and are comfortable making tough decisions.
- You have a track record of coming up with inventive solutions for our biggest problems and opportunities.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Identifying, nurturing, closing and renewing key partnership or client opportunities in a B2B setting.
- Owning full lifecycle of supplier partner engagement, deal-making, and implementation
- Concurrently managing multiple relationships and deals expeditiously and efficiently
- Orchestrates collaborative workplans with 3rd party consultants, merchants, operations and suppliers to recognize supplier AND Walmart value and ROI from investment with Walmart Luminate
- Capturing and packaging success stories, case studies and other examples of utilization and implementation of insights derived from Walmart Luminate
- Providing VOC to product team with a supplier and merchant mindset
- Building and managing cross-functional relationships with key partners within Walmart that power the business forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field and 2-5 years’ experience in business development, account management, market development or related area OR 2+ years in merchandising organization at Walmart with demonstratable experience in working with data and insights between suppliers and retailers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, PowerPoint, excel, Access etc.)
- 2-5 years’ experience working for 3rd party data / insights supplier (Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, 84.51, dunnhumby etc.)
- Experience working as a merchant in analytics, insight or operations with Walmart or other national retailers
- Experience working with salesforce
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 260 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
About Data Ventures:
Data Ventures exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field and 4 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Sales, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth