Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) SENIOR MANAGER I, CONSTRUCTION - Sr. Project Manager, Amenities Buildings
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD763667
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Senior Project Manager, Amenities Buildings will be involved in the daily activities for the new Walmart Home Office campus. This is a fast-paced, multidiscipline position that will require great communication and leadership skills in order to meet construction timelines and budgets.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and managing relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders by educating them on product, program requirements and costs/return on investments.
- Identifying all internal and external resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Managing multiple medium-scale construction projects to effectively develop and deliver recommended solutions
- Providing leadership to project vendors and contractors both under direct supervision and collaborating with cross-functional teams (including local jurisdiction departments) to ensure alignment with overall project vision, goals and standards of excellence.
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with laws and regulations for construction projects by establishing, communicating, and monitoring standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work.
- Reviewing design documents regularly at all stages of development and monitoring schedule progress to ensure constructability, the project vision and greatest value for the company are being achieved and any roadblocks or concerns are addressed proactively.
- Thoroughly reviewing all notices, proposals, change order requests, etc. from all associated agents (consultants, contractors, vendors, etc.) and negotiating a fair value.
- Establishing periodic reconciliation, financial true-ups and regular updates to track the progress and budget with all stakeholders and agents to capture exposures in a timely fashion and mitigate the risk of unforeseen claims at later stages of the project.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have at least 10 years of experience in commercial construction management, field and office positions.
- You have experience with procurement, installation methods and best practices, execution, industry standard procedures, field oversight and warranty experience with commercial kitchen, hospital, auditorium, conference center, gymnasium construction projects including related site development.
- You have experience as both the General Contractor/Subcontractor and an Owner.
- You have experience participating in the design process pre-Contractor award.
- You have experience in preconstruction coordination with multiple entities (GCs, Subcontractors, vendors, etc.).
- You have had success operating in highly dynamic multi-GC project environment where guiding policies may not exist.
- You have the capacity for big picture thinking and the understanding that all scopes of work need to be successful for the project, as a whole, to be successful
- You have experience working with Procore Project Management Software or similar and have a Project Management certification
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and 3 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area OR 5 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth