Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, International Benefits - People
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD753593
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team/Position
In this role you will oversee and influence the benefits programs for all our markets outside of the US. You will drive the new Wellbeing strategy, design new programs, and help to continue to make our associates everyday lives better. In working with a dynamic and strategic global team, you will be on the forefront of new wellbeing offerings, work to provide better options and help to make an impact on our associates wellbeing around the world!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a strategic vision and influence capabilities to drive results around the world.
- You’re familiar with balancing many activities simultaneously and have the agility to re-prioritize tasks as required
- Your great at working with outside vendor support to negotiate the best for the associates and company
- You’re not comfortable with the status quo but instead are constantly looking to improve outcomes
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- You have the Benefits - CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) Certification
You’ll make an impact by…
- Assisting senior leadership in developing government and public affairs benefits strategies by analyzing and understanding pending and proposed legislation related to benefits; advising senior leadership of the impact legislation will have on both the company and associates; managing specific deliverables and reports associated with benefits-related legislative activities; sharing best practices; and producing reports for divisional and corporate leadership.
- Acting as the corporate international benefits subject matter expert for region/market of responsibility by creating international benefits processes and policies and consulting with markets, business segments, and divisions on benefits best practices and advising market/business entity peers and leaders on potential risks related to benefits decisions; designing and implementing governance models; maintaining and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations; leading corporate due diligence and integration processes for mergers and acquisitions; providing guidance on benefit program and policy implementation for new market entries and on benefit program exit strategies to support a business' market/entity exit strategy; presenting program proposals and seeking approval from senior leadership; executing corporate reporting including annual shareholder disclosure; communicating the corporate approach to influence decisions; and assisting in educating cross-functional teams and internal divisions regarding issues and implications to ensure compliance; partnering with Human Resources and Labor Relations to revise current labor agreements.
- Managing external global, international and some local benefits providers by developing requests for proposals; recommending and executing screening and selection processes; negotiating the terms and conditions of contracts with agreement the of senior leadership; setting standards for performance outcomes; monitoring and identifying performance issues; recommending and executing solutions to performance issues; and establishing and reinforcing desired behaviors and service expectations to ensure accurate administration and compliance with applicable laws.
- Designing a wide variety of global benefits and retirement programs and policies by researching and analyzing industry trends, best practices, legislative trends, tax and legislative requirements and efficiencies, current plan usage, labor segments, associate needs, and external competitiveness by segment and business unit; managing benefits market analyses; direct the actuarial review of benefit offerings, forecasting, and investment options; collaborating with in-country teams; representing the business and talent strategies of companies' business units; driving alignment across divisions/business units, regions, and markets/business entities; reviewing and working directly with the Finance and People organizations on short- and long-term cost implications; and proposing programs to senior leadership and managing the approval process.
- Partnering with the markets and provides guidance, oversight and leadership for large-scale roll-outs of new international benefits programs and policies affecting all associates globally by ensuring programs meet business needs; preparing estimates of resource requirements; leveraging cross-functional teams; coordinating planning across numerous functions and business units at Walmart and externally; identifying and mitigating potential compliance issues; managing multiple timelines; defining and communicating expectations for quality outcomes and process standards corporate-wide; identifying trends and tracking progress; developing and implementing program and policy communications; investigating and adopting best practices from within and outside Walmart; and providing status reports to senior benefits leadership.
- Providing guidance in the development of short- and long-range total remuneration strategies with a focus on benefits by collaborating with cross-functional teams (for example Compensation) to develop strategies; gaining input from in-country teams; ensuring strategies align with business segment needs; gaining approval of strategies; driving implementation through benefits plan design and support of execution; and supporting the annual Total Remuneration Strategy (TRS) across divisions and regions/markets to design or modify and present proposed programs, seeking approval from senior leadership.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 4 years experience in benefits management or related field OR 6 years experience in benefits management, benefits administration, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business - International, Direct or indirect supervisory experience, Human Resources, Project management experience, including data analysis, market research, and benefits program designMasters: Human ResourcesBenefits - CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) - Certification
Primary Location...508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth