Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Lead Counsel I - Commercial Litigation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal
- Job Function Legal
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD740936
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Imagine a position that allows you to apply your trusted legal expertise while working alongside the world’s largest retailer. Imagine an opportunity where your knowledge takes you beyond the courtroom and positions you as a trusted business advisor. At Walmart, our Lead Counsels drive strategy while empowering the organization to make informed decisions that align to enterprise objectives. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy solving problems and working collaboratively toward a solution, you’ll find that being a part of our Legal division is a move that brings with it tremendous growth potential and exciting new challenges. The most exciting part? You’ll likely find yourself in a place you never envisioned your law degree would take you.
What you’ll do:
Join the Litigation team and advise business and leadership about legal rights, obligations and risks while managing a docket of commercial litigation cases for the world’s largest retailer. This role will have a particular emphasis on wage & hour and employment litigated matters. The Lead Counsel – Commercial Litigation role is critical for developing mitigation strategies by ensuring consistent implementation of company policies and practices, including those relating to litigation and appeals. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to mitigate legal and business risk, providing legal advice and counsel. You will also retain, manage and collaborate closely with outside counsel to drive case strategy, review and edit court submissions, and manage legal spend.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Creating legal strategies for the Company’s wage & hour and other employment litigated matters
- Developing business best practices and procedures that will mitigate corporate risk
- Managing outside counsel and legal spend for wage & hour and other commercial litigation matters
- Providing legal advice to the company by providing clients with an informed understanding of the client's legal rights, obligations, and risks to allow the client to make informed decisions
- Identifying the need for legal support for business transactions and projects
- Collaborating with senior executives on significant risks; seeking authority and obtaining informed consent to proceed with legal matters
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a subject matter expert in wage & hour and employment litigation for both liability and damages across multiple jurisdictions
- You have experience with class action litigation
- You have first chair trial experience, particularly in wage & hour and employment litigation
- You have substantial, diverse legal experience (ex. combination of in-house, government, leading law firm, etc.)
- You empower your business partners while working collaboratively to achieve cross-functional goals within a corporate environment
- Leveraging technology to streamline processes, communication, and workflows
- You’re driven to execute and to act quickly
- You’re process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years’ experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth