Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Finance - Transformation
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD736697
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
Are you interested in modernizing the way our finance organization function? Are you looking for a role that will challenge you to develop business acumen, leadership skills, as well as technical skills on emerging technologies? Are you looking to help drive impact via high-quality Analytics and Reporting?
The Sr. Manager of Finance – Transformation role requires working collaboratively with functional leaders to design, execute, and lead multiple teams through organizational change efforts of varying size and complexity. This role will utilize change management principles, processes, and tools to focus on driving financial and operational results for our clients, behavioral changes; designing change strategy, assessing stakeholder impacts and organizational readiness, recommending and/or implementing appropriate communication, training, and behavioral change solutions, and measuring effectiveness to enhance organization, group, and individual performance.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Lead project teams in support of different project workstreams, and manage overall project activities, plans, and schedules associated with deliverables and milestones
· Lead, guide and support multiple workstream leads / consultants through the design and implementation of targeted change strategies including identification of change impacts to people, process, policy, and structure, stakeholder identification and alignment, appropriate communication and feedback loops, success measures, training, organizational readiness, and long-term sustainability
· Leads, drive day-to-day change management activities while providing the appropriate levels of support and coaching for WalMart team members
· Build and maintain effective partnerships with key cross functional leaders and project team members
· Educate and coach project team members, sponsors, and functional leaders on change management principles, and their roles in effective change
· Recommend appropriate new or revised change management tools and practices
· Write project case studies
· Work hands-on as a Subject Matter Expert across the business engagement, data engineering, and user experience/reporting groups
· Partner with finance groups to analyze the existing operational processes and identify opportunities to streamline or automate
· Complete all other assigned duties
· Lead the sequencing and breakthrough tracking and achievement; highlight and mitigating challenges.
· Lead and influence teams and individuals across a matrix structure.
· Build networks and relationships with internal and external partners to meet or exceed business objectives. Implement and monitor effective communication between IT, Architecture, Data offices and operations/ business partners
· Lead in producing, tracking, updating and validating program materials regarding status for all workstreams, e.g. reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc.
· Lead tracking, mitigating and reporting of risks, issues, decisions and action items including follow up with project owners to ensure timely mitigation, reply and/or action
· Co-lead of roadmap and strategy for core workstreams; partner with infrastructure, IT and architects. Deliver Steering committee plan & status updates.
· Develop and deliver project budgets and manages completion within budget. Managing and reporting the financial impacts of the Finance Transformation projects
· Provide timely, effective and regular communication and change management plans within the project teams, partners, sponsors and management engaged in Transformation program, managing expectations.
· Cultivate an innovative environment by supporting creativity and high-performance teamwork
The successful candidate will have:
· Demonstrated experience and previous success leading transformative organizational work
· Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across functions
· A great attitude, and a desire to excel and grow both personally and professionally
· A deep desire to partner with and learn from business partners, and enable best in class customer solutions
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced/changing environment
· Excellent communication and project management skills
You will sweep us off our feet if…
· Highly developed leadership skills, having extensive experience working within a Global matrix organization; Proven track record that energizes and mobilizes teams to motivate change and achieve results
· Entrepreneurial problem solver with the ability to negotiate, influence and challenge the status quo to continuously improve processes; A self-starter with vision and creativity to influence others to get results
· Strong business partnering, interpersonal and partner management, with demonstrable experience of communicating and influencing across a wide range of partners; collaborate and build relationships locally and Globally
· Excellent general business knowledge, problem-solving skills and understanding of various aspects of the business operations with the associated financial data and financial reporting systems, with confirmed capability to understand and analyze sophisticated concepts and articulate big picture perspective
· Strong knowledge and understanding of the global finance, insurance or asset management industry including innovation, improvements, and analysis techniques; experience with business intelligence/visualization tools an asset
· People / program management experience to lead and develop professional staff combined with impeccable verbal/ written communication skills presenting and working with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences including senior executives
· Well-organized, with ability to multi-task and handle priorities; Strong attention to detail with excellent judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area.
1 year’s experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Analyzing data and interpreting results, Microsoft Office, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organizationMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth