Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Supply Chain Management & Optimization - Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Supply Chain and Logistics
- Job Function Supply Chain and Logistics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD736441
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
We're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience.
Sam’s Club Supply Chain has an opportunity for a Supply Chain Optimization Manager to support our fast-paced, Omni-Channel network. This key role on the team will be responsible for identifying inefficiencies in the supply chain and lead teams in creating, documenting, implementing and scaling best practices.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are a self-starter who is a systems thinker and knows how to connect with people and lead change
- You are able to extract, analyze, and interpret data to drive your recommendations and decisions
- You possess superior communication skills, flexibility, and ability to transfer knowledge about lean principles and problem-solving skills
- You’re organized, disciplined, and enjoy removing waste from processes
- You’re experienced with executing cross functional projects without direct authority over the teams involved
- You have a background in Supply Chain, Engineering, Process Design, or Lean Six Sigma
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing Improvement Ideas – Work with the Supply Chain, Replenishment, Transportation, Merchants, and Operations teams to understand and document best practices, align the process performance to key business metrics, and drive adoption across the network.
- Communicating Changes and progress – Create and consolidate process communications for internal and external audiences.
- Working cross-functionally and across multiple locations – Communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success. Work with cross-functional teams across the network to improve performance and grow eCommerce capacity.
- Moving fast – Work in an agile and iterative team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 2 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area
OR 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 2 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area. 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Fleet management, dispatch, or network analysis, Retail Logistics OperationsMasters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply ChainSix Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth