Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Strategy Manager - Last Mile Delivery (Manager II, Operations, eComm)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD735895
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Position Summary... What You'll Do...
This is a place where personal and professional growth happens. A place where tech-forward careers don’t equate to fast burnout or self-serving advancement. As Strategy Manager for Last Mile Delivery, you’ll work as a team, grow as a team, leveraging your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers. In turn, we give you access to the tools and support you need to be the best version of you. This is that place. This is Walmart.
Last Mile Delivery works on fulfilling customer demand for everything in the store at the comfort of their home. We want our customers to have every option available to shop for their needs: wherever, whenever and however they want it. We are leveraging technology we have within our company and managing partnerships as needed to give our customers the convenience they want when shopping.
As a Strategy Manager, you will be key to growing our last-mile program. The Last Mile Delivery team is focused on building out a new proposition to fulfill the delivery segment from Walmart directly to the end consumer. You will own strategic projects from conception to execution to help grow the foundation and breadth of our business while partnering with our product team and external stakeholders.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a natural entrepreneur; have the drive to help shape the direction of this business.
- You have proven strengths in stakeholder management at all levels and managing conflicting priorities.
- You have strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- You are comfortable with shifting priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- You’re a strategic thinker; have the ability to look at the long term and are comfortable making tough decisions.
- You know how to build and present a story while catering it to a varying level of audiences from peers to executives.
You’ll Make An Impact By
- Driving strategic projects end-to end and partnering cross-functionally with different stakeholders within the company; these initiatives are focused on building out foundational capabilities and business growth/cost reduction.
- Building out business cases and completing ad-hoc analyses to pitch new ideas.
- Thinking through A/B experiments and pilots to test out new ideas and/or capabilities.
- Measuring success based on defined metrics and identify business gaps/opportunities.
- Promoting team culture by engaging in activities that support company values, culture, diversity, learning and development.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in areas of strategy, business operations, or finance at a fast-growing tech company/start-up or management consulting at a top-tier firm
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA strongly preferred
- Resourceful self-starter who can drive projects autonomously
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- SQL knowledge
- Proven track record of leading projects/initiatives and a team
- Executive level storyboarding and presentation skills
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 2 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesMasters: EconomicsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth