Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Specialty Tax-Sales/Use/Excise
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD735852
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Do you like solving sales/use/excise tax problems across the US? Walmart is looking to hire a Manager II – Specialty Tax expert that will, among other things, serve as a liaison with our business partners advising on sales/use/excise tax issues that may arise from our purchasing activities. This role will also manage sales and use tax processes that will support the tax-health of the company. The ideal candidate will have no less than five-years of sales/use/excise tax experience and also have familiarity with Tax Engine software and SAP.
To be effective, the role will need to be an effective listener and communicator in order to collaborate with our business partners. The role will need to be able to prioritize their day-to-day activities to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our business partners as well as our internal tax processes. This role will also provide tax support for new activities and/or ventures within the business.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re able to build relationships with partners throughout the business
- You’re able to identify tax issues on purchases and develop solutions
- Apply various states’ laws and regulations to our operations
- You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex tax topics easily understood
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing partnerships – Develop relationships with business operations and becoming the resident tax-expert to assist with their needs
- Tax research - Interpret state and local indirect tax laws to identify strategies to minimize tax liability
- Anticipating and managing change - Support new business activities to analyze and interpret indirect tax impacts
- Teamwork - Provide support to other members of Indirect Tax team on areas such as those related to indirect tax issues and new laws and/or regulation
- Value creation - Review historical purchases to identify sales and use tax refund opportunities
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 2 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in accounting, income tax compliance, payroll tax, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leadership of cross-functional task forces or projects, Supervising AssociatesFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth